Friday, July 27, 2012

The Big Fat Grand Finale Journal Begins...

Hi everyone!

I have wayyyy too many journals that are partially complete right now, but still, somehow, the "big fat grand-finale journal from my full-tilt-boogie class has been calling my name!  So, what can I say?  I was feeling a bit scattered and needed a fresh start, so I went ahead and dove in!

Here's the journal I'm talking about...

I made it out of an old victorian photo album I got on ebay....


I call it the Big Fat Grand Finale Journal, because it has something like 200 pages, and was the last of 7 journals I made in Mary Ann Moss' Full Tilt Boogie class.  (Fabulous class by the way and it's on sale right now - I highly recommend it!)


The pages are collaged from a bunch of different papers.  Here are a few examples
of what they look like now...



I think it's going to be wonderful fun filling them up!  

I left the first page blank, so I can do a title page later. Here's my first finished spread...

My plan for this journal is that it will be a chronological representation of my inner and outer worlds.  Not so much a "this happened today," but more of a place to think, question, celebrate and make sense of life in a visual way, if that makes sense?  I'm very excited about it!

Now I'm off to open my brand new Noel Mignon "West Coast" kit!  It just arrived!!!

Have a wonderful wonderful day my friends!!!  Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Michelle!! I loveeeeeeee that cover!!!

Sandy said...

Beautiful journal. I still have the two I got to make for the class, haven't taken the time to make them. I hope to catch up on some of my projects starting in Aug. I love your journal. The paper pack looks great.

HeARTworks said...

It's just the thing I'll get excited about too! Patsy from
HeARTworks and
papemelroti

Miss Marple said...

Just wanted to let you know, that I linked you in my latest post...;-) I hope you do not mind.

dawn said...

Hi Michelle,

what an amazing and colorful journals this is. The cover is great too, love the blue.

This first page looks so cool,all these yummy paper scraps makes me HAPPY!!
have fun filling it up!!

Marjie Kemper said...

What a gorgoeus and huge book! Love your pages.