Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Scraproom is ALL ORGANIZED!!!!!!

I'm so excited to report, that after many many hours of working, my scraproom is all done and it feels GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeayyyyyy!!! I've got tons of pictures to share!

First, a couple that I took during the cleaning and organizing process. I just couldn't resist...

Check out the cat in the box - lol...

and Willie giving his stamp of approval on my cat fort idea...

Okay, now for the FINISHED ROOM. These pics start at the left side of my room, and work their way to the right...

This is my desk area and inspiration wall. This is where I do my day job, as well as my personal computer work, so it's a mix of both things. The beautiful "Beauty" painting was made by Aimee. The rest of the artwork in this picture is mine. You can see my Project 52 ATCs from last year hanging from the ribbon, still waiting for the last four to complete the series. (Note to self - get those done)...

Another angle of the same wall. On the left, you can see a washboard I altered, where I keep my to do and project lists. It comes in soooo handy...

Moving to the right you can see my personal printer and my two adorable scrapping companions Johnny and Willie. Below the desk are two carts. One is full of art journaling stuff, and the other is rubber stamps. The beautiful pillow was made by my sister, and the gorgeous green throw was made by my mom. I love them both so much! Then you can see one end of my ikea bookcases. These cubes house cardstock, patterned paper, and other miscellaneous goodies. The tall boxes are repurposed postal boxes that have scrappy kits in them...

Here's the rest of the bookcase, along with my attached scrapping desk. This is where almost all of my scrappy stuff is organized. The red and orange buckets next to the desk house my newest kit, and other newest items, so they are easily accessible..

These are the most important cubes, because they are right next to the desk. They have my most frequently used items in them. Markers, mists, paintbrushes, tools and some adhesives...

Here's a closeup of my spray inks/mists, pan pastels, and most frequently used inkpads...

I just love this retro suitcase I got at a garage sale. It's just my style...

I keep masking and packing tapes in it...

Continuing to the right, you can see the newly organized part of the room. On the far wall, is a set of blonde cubes that house printer paper, ink, Blank CDs and various other tools.

The wall is where I'm going to tape my most recent layouts for awhile, before they go in albums...

A close up shows the newly organized clip-it-up. I decided to keep only alphas on the bottom row. This is where I keep paints, and also my beloved retro 70's typewriter...

and this is my new Ikea entertainment center. (Well, it was new for Christmas.) The big space in the middle will eventually hold a flat screen tv (when I save up the money for one - which might be awhile); but for now it's a good place to display my art journals and layouts. The entertainment center also has albums, books, stereo, embellies, fabric and other miscellaneous stuff...

Here are a few closeups of the cubes. One thing I love is that I still have room for expansion. Like, for example, there are still some empty jars to fill...

Here you can see a vintage train case, which is now my portable art journaling kit. And the big roll of paper from Michael's papermill...

Some happy tapes in a Margarita glass that is a souvenir of a trip to Colorado...

This is a soft sculpture that I got at a women's spiritual retreat. I just love her...

Here is my little ATC pouch. I made this at a make and take led by the adorable and talented Jeannie Lutz...

It holds lots of ATCs!



And that's it! My new room is complete and I am feeling SOOOOO INSPIRED!!!

Thanks for coming on my tour with me!

29 comments:

chris a said...

Wow, wow, and wow!!!!!!! what an incredible studio! thanks so much for sharing (and thanks to your furry helpers) - I love to see where friends create. Looking forward to your next creations, and have a super week!

Anonymous said...

I'd kill to have that kind of space to scrap in - love seeing your photos :)

anne g-i said...

holy smokes!!! what a room!!! it's amazing - beautiful and practical and a wonderful creative space!

Jeannie said...

OH MY GOSH! I got a shout out!! :) haha! Thanks michelle!! By the way, your ATC pouch was one of my faves.

Here's my question:
Do your cats ever tear anything up in your scrap room? I'm afraid that Moo (my kitten) will ruin paper on my paper racks! (She's living at Brian's - my boyfriend- until August.) She will probably be mostly out of her kitten stage by then, but I'm still worried! have your cats ever torn any of your scrappy stuff up?

Anonymous said...

What an awesome space.. Love it.. Good for you for getting it organized!

Unknown said...

How could that now be an inspiring place to create???!!!! WOW!
This space totally reflects you and your personality...or at least the personality I perceive through your blog, message boards & your art.
Enjoy this awesome space! xo

Diane said...

I like my art room but I am having art room envy all the same.
Fabulous.
I love, love, love all the albums on the shelves.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

i am totally jealous and want to come over and PLAY with U!!!! Your room ROCKS...and omygosh...that is the same entertainment center we got adam for his birthday! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Marit said...

OH MY GOODNESS Michelle.... now THAT's a room I want!!! It's so inspirational and I love how you organized it all (and I'm changing my plans today - gonna make me an ATC couch!!! LOVE IT!!! and my ATC's are still all over the place...)I smiled when I saw the "let it loose" journal exposed in your closet! Oh, I have one question - what light do you have when you work in the evening/night?

Jenneke said...

WOW Michelle, it looks GREAT!! Thanks for taking us on a tour!

XXXJenneke

Tyggereye said...

I love love love your room!! So great and organized. I really want to show off my atc's like you have them up. Thats cute. I was going to do a canvas thing, but big canvas are kinda costly. Ribbon not so much! Really inspiring.

Jessica Wilson said...

That room is amazing!! I wish I had that many mists and inkpads and supplies and tools. WOW is all I can say. And everything looks so super organized and neat now:) Love it!! Love, Jess

McMGrad89 said...

Inspirational!

Jeannie said...

a shout out back to you my friend:
http://jclutz54.blogspot.com/2010/03/gee-thanks.html

Traci Keriazakos said...

It looks so good. I am also in the process of re-doing my room so this was good motivation for me!

Unknown said...

WOW! Absolutely GORGEOUS room! I am so jealous! I am definitely saving these pictures for future inspiration...

holly* said...

omg. i want to go home RIGHT NOW and organize. stopping by ikea for some bins of course. my space has been super thrashed lately thanks to events and deadlines. but, thanks to your inspiration, maybe its time to give a little tlc to it...

Michelle said...

WOW!! Your scrap space is to die for!!!

I LOVE all your ATCs hanging on the wall..

Thanks for sharing with us!!!

(mizzm on SISTV)

Kristin Summer said...

Thank you so much for the tour of your studio.....it was pure eye candy, and you've inspired me to organize mine as well :)

Bekka said...

Oh my, that is amazing! LOVE it!!!

kanishk said...

I love to see where friends create. Looking forward to your next creations, and have a super week!
free internet jobs

merryheart2 said...

i LOvE your scrap room. its so organized and fun.
i love the little atc pouch. very cool.

missham said...

Hey can you show how you make/reuse those old postage boxes?

Andrée Lachapelle said...

Wow! Your crafts room is simply amazing!!! What a great place to work... Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Lots of hard work has gone into creating your dream space. Good for you! It's absolutely amazing and you will spend many happy hours there. Donna (FTB)

Paula said...

What a fun and beautiful creative space. Don't think I could get out of a room like that!!! Thank you for sharing

ArtZest said...

BEAUTIFUL. I just finished organizing my studio too but it's not as nice as yours. I'm jealous of your supplies. Come visit my pictures at http://artzest.blogspot.com/

Nancy said...

Great space! I really like that you're organized, but still colorful and a little chaotic - my kind of style. I have two of the same giant 5x5 Expedits in black, only now that we're in a space where I have my own crafty room, they're too big to go in! LOL. Looking at getting some smaller ones in white. :)

Any updated photos of your space available?

Lori said...

what a beautiful room! Do you have a post about what is in your Art Journal Suitcase??? Would love to see inside :)