I'm pleased and proud to announce that I am co-teaching a brand new art journaling workshop with Marit Barentsen at Marit's Paper World! It's all about expressing your emotions through art journaling, and it's called:
Here's the info about the class:
Mixed Emotions Art Journaling Workshop
October 22 - November 30, 2010
(12 lessons over 6 weeks; posted on Tuesdays and Fridays)
Click here to register!
You will create a minimum of 10 art journal pages together with a matching folder to store your work.
Teachers: Marit Barentsen & Michelle LaPoint Rydell
Art journaling focuses on putting your personal thoughts and emotions on paper and you don’t always have to use words to do that! Even if you're not a writer you can create meaningful art journal pages because an emotion can be expressed through a photograph, a color, a material or a particular technique. In this workshop we will explore one specific emotion each lesson, and take that emotion as the basis to create a personal art journal page. What does each specific emotion mean to you? You are encouraged to explore your inner world and your perception of your emotions and turn them into art journal pages. Each lesson also explains a different technique, step-by-step, through photos or an instructional video. The techniques are consistent with the emotion.
Techniques include gel medium photo transfer, paper weaving, writing meaningful journaling, using paint on the page etc. Inspiration videos stuffed with art, layouts, quotes and music will help to get the ideas flowing and set the creative process in motion. The lessons also contain printable collage sheets with photos, quotes and images for you to use in your work. You are challenged to explore your inner self and take a step further in your creativity. This is your opportunity to learn new approaches to self-expression. Do you dare to explore your emotions?
“Mixed Emotions” includes:
- 12 lessons with assignments in pdf format. Each lesson will focus on a specific emotion and an art technique that goes with it. Techniques will be clearly shown through photos or demonstrated on video. Both beginners and advanced art journalers will find pleasure in working with the lessons.
- Access to inspirational videos to inspire you and help your creative juices flow.
- Extra printable collage sheets with photos, illustrations and quotes to use in your work.
- Access to a private group discussion forum where you may share, ask questions and interact with the teacher and other class participants.(Access will be activated a few days before the workshop starts or within 24 hours of payment.)
- Access to group albums for posting your completed assignments and seeing what others have done. (Access will be activated a few days before the workshop starts or within 24 hours of payment.)
Marit and I have been working hard on our workshop, and I am so EXCITED to share it with all of you!
TO CELEBRATE THE NEWS I'M GOING TO GIVE AWAY A FREE PASS TO
TO ONE OF MY BLOG READERS!!!
TO ONE OF MY BLOG READERS!!!
If you would like to attend Mixed Emotions for free, leave a comment on this post, and I will draw a random name on Friday!
In the meantime, please let me know if you have any questions about the class!!!
Thanks so much for visiting and for your comments - I really appreciate them!