Sunday, August 8, 2010

Remains of the Day, Part One...

Greetings from the scraproom! I can't believe it's Sunday already! (I say that kind of thing all the time, I know, but seriously Where does the time go???) Anyhoo, Willie says hello...
He loves the relaxed pace of the weekends. :0)


My birthday is coming up on August 21, and my wonderful Mom and Sister Renee gave me an early birthday present - admission to Mary Ann Moss' "Remains of the Day" workshop! THANK YOU SO MUCH RENEE AND MOM!!!

It's given me a chance to pull out my sewing machine and get some practice. So far I've completed the cover for the journal...
I'm quite proud of myself! I was able to navigate my new sewing machine just fine!!! I even messed around with decorative stitching, and changed the bobbin twice! I didn't buy anything for this workshop. I used fabric scraps, a piece of Prima printed canvas, and an old scarf for the wrap around closure...

Here's how it looks open...


On the inside, I even put a little spot for a pen!

My task for today is to finish the inside pages. I've got a good start on them already...

Tomorrow I will be back with a CSN review and giveaway, so come on back and visit okay?

Have a wonderful Sunday my friends, and I will see you tomorrow!!!

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I loveeeeeeee that cover Michelle!! TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

anne g-i said...

can't wait to see more!! super cute and very functional - love the pen holder!

Bekka said...

Beautiful! And your kitty is just too cute! :)

Lena said...

This is really gorgeous Michelle!! I love all the fabric you used and the idea how to close this book.... wow, so clever!! Can't wait to see the pages you will make into this cover...
And your cat is way too cute!!!

Marit said...

WOW, you get the hang of sewing Michelle! LOVE your cover, and even a spot for a pen? You will become a master in no time!!! Gorgeous! And say hello to Willie - love that photo!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous Michelle!
I love fabric!
Hello to willlie, great photo!