Sunday, February 3, 2013

Project Life - January 2013...

EEEK!!! I'm so excited!  I finished my first month of Project Life - 2013!  I'm doing it differently this year - breaking it up by month, instead of by week.  I've got the whole month to share with you today, so be forewarned: There are alot of photos!

Here we go...

The first spread covers January 1 - 7 (Tuesday - Monday)...
Left side...
I've made a couple of guidelines for myself, to help with consistency.  Since I'm not going week by week, I don't want it to get too confusing; so I am reserving the top right slot on each spread to record the dates covered by that spread.  I know alot of people already do this, but I never have, so it's new for me.

I'm also including a large calendar at the beginning of each month...
 I bought this calendar from Tam Laporte aka willowing, and I just love it!  I can print out one month at a time, and the illustrations are so beautiful!


 Right side...
 I'm also trying to represent each day in some way this year.  I was inspired to do this by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer, after reading this post.


January 7 - 10...
 Another thing I'm doing that's new, is sticking to one paper collection, or kit for the month.  For January I used the Oh Snap collection by Simple Stories.


 Left side...


 Right side...
I'm keeping notes from each day on my iphone, using the momento app.  It's really helping with my journaling!
 

 January 11 - 16...

Left side...
 


Right side...


January 16 - 21...

 Left side...



 Right side...



 January 22 - 27...
I am feeling like this new way of doing it is capturing a more complete story of our daily life, and I love that!


 Left side...


Right side...


January 27 - 31...
 Left side...
  


 Right side...
 I put the entire Featuring magazine in an 8.5 x 11 page protector, and inserted it in the album.  I put the label on the outside of the page protector, so the actual magazine will stay pristine!

And that's it for January - whew that was a lot!  In the future, I will post each spread as I finish it.  I just wanted to do January all at once, to give an idea of my process.  I hope it's helpful to see.

If you are doing Project Life this year, I hope it's going well for you!  I'd love to hear about any new things you are trying!

Thanks so much for visiting and for your comments!  I read each one and treasure them all.

6 comments:

Kirsty.A said...

Wow, that's a lot of life! I love the Oh snap! range, but this is why I don't do PL!!!

dawn said...

WOW WOW WOW Michelle!!! This was so cool to read and so exciting to see!! What a great job you did on them, love love all the new things your doing with it. All the cat pictures are so dang cute, love that you include so many of them. Your art always looks amazing in your pages, adds the YOU in it. Great job dating everything, loving it. The one card with the date stamp and mention of cold/snow days is a good way to group days togehter, will have to that in mine. The added calender and your magazine will be nice to look back on.
A lot of people are using that SS Snap line, hope I can get one day, looks so cool.

Thanks so much for sharing, made my morning HAPPY!!

Have fun with this months pages, your off to a great start.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks AMAZING Michelle!! I love love love all the photos and loving the idea of adding a calendar to each month!!

Erin said...

This is amazing! LOVE it all. Your art is my favorite part!

Anonymous said...

Love this, Michelle! And fun to see some of my instagrams in there!

Your art and productivity are always inspiring. Love you!

laurie said...

i love all the different ways you make your PL pages - so inspiring for me! is there a trick to photographing them? i haven't been able to do it well yet. as always, i am amazed at how much art you are able to create. :-)