Sunday, August 10, 2014

I made a new travel journal kit in the Paint it, Sketch it, Store it class...

Hey there everyone!  How's your weekend going?  Mine has been great!  I finished my project from the Paint it, Sketch it, Store it class with Rae Missigman.  It's a travel journal kit!  Here's how it turned out...

It's made out of canvas.  We painted it with acrylics and made a velcro closure.  It's like a portfolio, and it measures 10.5" x 14" closed...
 I'm not gonna lie - it was ALOT of work - ha.  Not difficult, but lots of steps.  It was tons of fun too though, and I love how it turned out! It's something I will really use, so totally worth it.

Here's how it looks open.  The left side holds pouches for pencils, glue sticks, crayons, etc.  The middle holds up to a 9x12" journal, and the right side holds divider pockets for ephemera and collage papers...

As you can see, you don't need good sewing skills to make this  project - LOL...



The ribbon was hand-dyed as part of the process...




Once I start using it, I will post again, so you can see how it looks all filled up!

If you want to make something similar - check out Rae's Sketch it, Store it, Paint it Class by clicking here!

Thanks so much for visiting!  I really appreciate you!

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh this is gorgeous! I love love love the colors and the circles!!!!

anne g-i said...

wow!!!! it's so big! looks great - useful and beautiful!