Saturday, October 25, 2014

Retirement, Vegas, and a New Phase of Life!

 October has been and continues to be a BIG month for me!

I'm officially retired!  My last day was October 10th.  Here's a pic of the beautiful cake from my retirement party at work...

 and this is my beautiful work team...
(Barb, Georgiann, me, Claire, Deeann, Mike (supvsr) and Amy).  I was so lucky to work with these awesome folks - I am going to miss them!

On October 14, Michael and I took off for Las Vegas on Honeymoon 8!

We had SO MUCH FUN!!!

The highlight was definitely the three shows we saw:
Rock of Ages


Donny and Marie Osmond


and
Michael Jackson "One"


They were all FANTASTIC and each one so different!!!

Here's a pic of us taken at the Donny and Marie show...

We are not drinkers, and we don't really gamble much, but we did TONS of walking; enjoyed the sunshine, the sparkle and glitz everywhere, and crammed as much fun into each day as we could.  It was SO AWESOME!!!

Now we're back and I'm still in recovery mode from all the excitement.  I'm sleeping a lot, and dreaming up lots of creative projects...

I'm so excited to be back here sharing with you!  As I figure out this journey of having more time for art, I plan to blog regularly along the way.  I hope you will visit often!





9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Happy retirement!!!!! Isn't Vegas amazing!?!?!?!?!? We loved the MJ One show!!!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Thanks Julie! Yes, Vegas was soooooo amazing! The MJ One show made me wish I could do backflips and dance like that! So cool!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Oh Michelle! I am so happy for you!!!! WOOHOO!!!! Have a blast with your retirement, my friend. Vegas looks like it was amazing!

Unknown said...

Retiring so young! Wonderful! Congratulations! Looking forward to following your blog and seeing your art!

My name is Erika. said...

Congrats- I am jealous of all the creative time you'll have. Enjoy!
Plus looks like you had a great trip for honeymoon #8.

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Thanks so much for your kind words everyone! I appreciate your visit to my blog!

Marit said...

Congrats with the retirement Michelle... now you have all the time you want to recover from the trip to Vegas (awesome! Would have loved to see the 'rock-show'!! ) and dive into creativity... can't wait to see all the new project that you will sure come up with... you go girl!

Karen said...

Congratulations, Michelle! I haven't been following your blog for very long, but I'm excited for you and what the future holds!

Marjie Kemper said...

Congratulations, Michelle! Here's to the next adventure.