Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Howdy Doody! Sorry for my Absence...

Hi friends!  I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted!  Eek!  Where does the time go?  I think I need a schedule to follow to help me get to regular posting again.

I still have a couple of pages left to complete in my first art-journal of the year, but I will get to them soon, and other than that it is complete!  I've had requests to do a flip-thru of that journal, so I will do that as soon as I finish those few pages. I've loved every minute of working in it!   Here's how that one looks right now...



As of April 1st, I started my second journal for 2016.  I made it in Roben-Marie's workshop called "The Artful Attache."  It was tons of fun!  Here's how it looks...

It has the same number of signatures as the last one (six), but this one is a larger format (9"x12" as opposed to 8"x10"), and I alternated between plain watercolor paper and collaged and stitched watercolor paper.  Also, instead of a week-at-a-glance format, this time I'm doing more of a daily free-flowing style. So far I'm having a blast filling it up!  Here's what I've got so far for daily entries...

I'm loving the free-flowing style, cuz I can change it up depending on whether I feel like painting or not...

 I can add in photos and ephemera if I have it...

and how many days fit on each page can vary depending on how much I have to say...



I can even work in online class lessons, like I did here, with a lesson from Radiant II - Art Journaling.  The girl with the blue hair's face is shaded completely with oil crayons.  I had never tried that before but it was really fun! 

I've got so much more to share, but that will have to wait for next time, since I want to get this post up for you right away!

I hope you are doing well!  I wish you a wonderful Wednesday!

8 comments:

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

Your arts work is amazing. The colors the images the texts, it all works well together and looks just so adorable. I've been back to blogland since a really long time to, so I am happy to be inspired by your blog and creations.

Emie58 said...

It's great to see you posting again! I've missed your posts. I love the larger format pages... it's a fun way to use up some larger images. I sort my images by size and use them according to my journal size.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous! LOVING the bright colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monica said...

interesting how you increased the size of the Journal and let your use of the pages free flow. It look likes a lot of work but I suspect the time is the same as you spend on "dictated" space as in a page a day. How much time do you spend on journaling each day? Love the pages, your writing and layout.

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I appreciate your comments so much! Monica - That's a great question! I think the free-flowing pages probably end up taking more time during a week, simply because there are more pages involved, whereas a weekly view format would be just one page. I love doing it tho, so that's okay with me! The amount of time I spend journaling each day varies - some days are more productive than others, but I usually spend at least a couple of hours per day. Thanks for asking!

Marit said...

Heyyyy, goodmorning Michelle! It's good to hear (see!) a token of life from you, and such a happy and colorful token too! Love your art journal pages!

L.M. said...

Wow i love your blog ! Amazing
Curlym00d.blogspot.com

anna said...

I ditto all comments above!! 💕