Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Two Pages in my Book of Days...

Hi friends!  I've got two journal pages to share with you today from my book of days. One was done when I was short on time; and the other when I had all evening to create.

This page was from Nov. 28th, and it was so easy, it almost doesn't even count...
The base page included the colorful background and the two birds.  The first thing I thought was "those birds are too cute to cover up with gesso."  So, I didn't.  Instead, I just doodled on a head-dress for one and a crown for the other one, and gave them speech bubbles, so they could talk about me - lol.  On the right side, I did do some gessoing over the background, and added my brainstorming for the elements of "air" and "earth."  That's it!  The only thing that took any time at all was my thought process for the brainstorming. 

Easy peasy lemon squeezy! 

The next page (for Nov. 29),  I did was just the opposite, in terms of time and effort.  This one is for the Elements Workshop I'm taking over at Wild Soul Arts. It is my work with the element of "Air..."
I knew right away that I wanted to include a raven for this page.  I used this photo from pinterest as my reference.  This was all done with a combination of acrylic paint, inktense colored pencil, and neocolor II crayons.  The journaling reads:

"In my dreams I can fly.  I can get away from anything scary, just by holding my arms out and believing.  The stronger my faith, the higher I can go.  The Raven guides me."

I hope you are having an awesome week!

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwww! These are amazing Michelle!! I loveeeeeeeeee the birds!!!! GORGEOUS!!

famillemarleau said...

Two beautiful pages. Those birds are too cute. Thanks for sharing, Johanne L.

phinner said...

Michelle rules!

dreaming of flying or nesting in place??? great imagery!

Beansieleigh said...

Oh, wow! Love both your beautiful journal spreads, Michelle! I just finished a spread myself last night, but decided not to post it. It was kinda focused around my upcoming birthday. I'm turning the big 5-0 VERY SOON.. And well, 'nuff said, I guess? (0; I WILL say at least things look better than when I turned forty. At least THIS time around, I've progressed to having mixed feelings on the subject!.. Have a great day! ((hugs)) ~tina