Friday, January 17, 2014

Finish 'er Up Friday: A little progress is better than none at all...

Hi there everyone!  It's time for another Finish 'er Up Friday post! 

This week was a really busy one for me.  Between work meetings, and trying to keep up with my current projects (Book of Days and my planner); I only made a little bit of progress on my unfinished projects.  Here's what I did...

Unfinished Project:  Life Book 2013
Progress this week:  1/2 of a lesson (Ink Blot Butterfly with Kelly Hoernig)

Still to go:  20.5 lessons

Here's how far I got...


To be fair, with the amount of time I put into this spread, I should be done with it.  As you can see, however, I'm far from it. LOL.  I loved making the ink blot butterfly!  I followed all the steps for the background, but didn't like the outcome because my butterfly blended in wayyyy too much.  So, I ended up gessoing over the background, and now you can see my butterfly, but I need to start over and build the background again.  Anyhoo, it's not done.  But that's okay with me because it's more than I had done last week, am I right??? 

It's fun to make progress, even if it's just a little bit!

How about you?  Did you make any progress on unfinished projects this week?  Leave a link in the comments and we can encourage each other!

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I am loving how it is looking so far! I loveeeeeeee that butterfly!!!!

Unknown said...

love those colors. Just delish.

anne g-i said...

you could leave it like this and it would be awesome!

dawn said...

I love your page, the butterfly is pretty!

My computer is having issues right now, won't let me upload pictures to my blog. So I can't share anything now. I did finish something though, cleaned up my craft space on Sunday, YIPPEE!! Worked on it for 8 hours straight and it looks great!! Hoping this will help me finish up some projects and get some new ones going.

Hope you've had a good week!