Monday, January 13, 2014

Project Life 2014, Week 1 - My approach...

It's so much fun starting a new year of Project Life! 

This year I'm using the PL Sunshine Edition, along with the Gossamer Blue and Studio Calico kits. I may cancel one of the kit subscriptions at some point, we shall see.

I'm approaching Project Life in a more organized fashion this year, as opposed to the free-flowing version I did last year.  I'm breaking it up by weeks (week 1, week 2, etc), although each week may have any number of pages.  I plan to stay consistent by using the Sunshine Edition title cards to announce the beginning of each week.

Here's my first week - January 1 - 5...
How FUN are the Sunshine Edition Dividers?!!!  I just love them - so bright and colorful, and each one is very different!


Left side detail...
Ephemera included: The pink lotus flower on the title card was a hang-tag from a Papaya Art purchase, and I also included a wrapper from a sucker.
Process Notes: I took the photo of Willie out of the pocket and laid it on top to take the photo of the page - a good way to get rid of glare from the 3D embellishment. Also, since I'm going with a weekly approach, I'm focusing more on labeling the pockets with the day of the week, and keeping the date as the less prominent feature.


Right side detail...
Process notes: The writing on the slipper sox photo was done with a molotow paint marker and outlined with a permaball pen.  The owl calendar is a free printable from Owl Barn

How's your Project Life going?  Are you doing anything different for the new year?

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous Michelle!! LOVING all the PINK!!!!!

dawn said...

Hi Michelle,

WOW, full of happiness in these pages! LOVE IT!! The sunshine kit is so pretty and fun. Might have to get it one day. Way to go on getting the first week done!

What a great idea to stamp the date on photos, THANK YOU!

I have a couple ideas but won't start them till next month or the next one. They are...

one picture a day instead of weekly

a theme week for each first week of the month

letting my kids take over a week each month

want to really try and get more family shots in. my oldest leaves for a 11 month mission trip in July so I want to get her in a lot of these while we can.

Have fun playing, I love the start of a new PL album!