Sunday, July 26, 2009

I am Loving my New List!

Hey there and Happy Sunday! I've been having so much scrappy fun this weekend! I think overhauling my list helped to declutter my mind too, because I have been feeling really inspired and energetic! I finished three projects today!

The first one is the "K" page for my "A Year In The Life of an Art Journal" project. As you can see - K is for Karma...
My journaling reads: "Karma is just the universe giving you the lessons you need.

The quote reads: "Every word sets off a charge. Every action small or large takes the planet for another spin, hard as it is to observe." ~Peter Himmelman

I used acrylic paint, magazine images, rubber stamps by Comotion, Stampin Up and Rubber Moon, and vintage sheet music.

The next one is my Gretchen McElveen scraplift for the Lotus Paperie challenge. The challenge was to lift one of three layouts posted in this post. I chose the "I believe" layout to lift. I love Gretchen's work, and I especially loved how she did the background on her layout, so that is what I focused on for my lift...
I used the June Studio Calico kit, plus acrylic paint, Stampin Up alpha stamps and stazon ink.


And finally, a layout just for fun...
The little journaling tag at the top says "magical things always happen on our walks."

Only one more day til the August Studio Calico kits go on sale! Since I have a subscription now, I will automatically get the main kit, but there are THREE fabulous-looking add-on kits this month, and I can't wait for the reveal to see the full photos! Yeayyyyy!

Well, I'm off to bed now but I will be back again tomorrow with another update. Take care my friends, and thanks so much for stopping by!

10 comments:

Christiane said...

hey hun, thank you so much for your sweet words!! :)) love your ART!! and i'm also waiting for the SC-kit!! ;))

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Loving your wonderful layouts again- amazing stuff!!! And the redball layout is the coolest!

Marit said...

That red balloon is amazing!!! It's even more amazing you made this wonderful lay out so late (early) in the morning!!!! I waved my brushes the other minute - lots of sweet stuff in the garden drying - hope you slept well and I wish you a wonderful Sunday too, Michelle!

Peggy said...

Beautiful!!! They are all so different but all equally gorgeous!
xxx Peggy

mborrero said...

love the journaling

namaste
Melina
living, creating, and appreciating
~my blog

Sharie said...

You have such a fun style - your layouts and art journal pages are fabulous! Another SC fan here - have fun with your August kit and have a great week!

diana albright said...

i love your art journal and those LOs... especially the jump for joy one... thanks for sharing these pieces of your personality!

erinrwillis said...

Oh, I LOVE the "jump for joy" and "library balloon" pages!! You're so inspiring - I just wish I had time to actually do something w/all the inspo!! ;)

Nan said...

I love your work Michelle! You always manage to put a smile on my face as well as inspire me. Love the journal pages. And you jumping for joy is just, well, uplifting. :)

Denise said...

I was just headed over here to see what new kit club you signed up with! Have you joined anything else besides SC?