Thursday, July 16, 2009

Works In Progress...

Hidey ho and happy Thursday! I've been working in my art journal again and altho I don't have any more finished pages, I thought it would be fun to share how the pages are coming along. They are just a bunch of messy experiments at this point - but that's what art journals are for, right? So as I build layer by layer, here's some examples of what I've got so far (remember to click on the image to see them close up)...











Later, when they are done I will share again. I've been having so much fun painting on all of these different surfaces that I collected in this journal. Brochures, paper bags, file folders, along with actual watercolor paper mixed in here and there.

There was a sale tonight at Michaels, so I picked up a big pad of watercolor paper and a jug of magenta paint for 40% off!!! Yeayyyy!!!

The other thing I did tonight was start printing off current challenges from various challenge blogs to work on this weekend at my crop. So far I have seven different ones. Now what I think I will do is go drift off to sleep while visions of layout possibilities dance in my head. HA. Do you ever do that? I find that sometimes if I go to sleep thinking about layouts, I wake up with new designs in my head - almost like magic!

Thanks for stopping by my friends and I will see you tomorrow with another update. Wow, it's almost Friday!

6 comments:

Marit said...

Thanks for sharing this "pages in progress" Michelle... it's fun to look at how others work on Art Journals!!! And about dreaming of lo's - yes, I do that and it IS magical!!!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

so much fun! Love your journal!

Lori W said...

these are FABulous!!

erinrwillis said...

Yes, I do dream about LO's sometimes. :)....And I love the progress on your journal - LOVE those blue flowers and the circles!!

Lauren said...

Oh, this looks fun!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pages, your blog always makes me smile at your creativity, while Im on a scrappy hiatus!