Saturday, July 25, 2009

List Overhaul Time...

Well good morning my friends - er afternoon I guess! I was up til 3:30 this morning updating my project list. I usually do that once a month, but I did it a little early last night because it needed a major overhaul.

For one thing I've been enjoying doing challenges lately, so I wanted to include a few of them on my list.

Another thing I needed to do was to find a way to break down Dina Wakely's Masterful Art Journaling class lessons into chunks so that I have enough time to complete ALL of the assignments in each lesson in a deep and meaningful way. There is seriously SO MUCH packed into each lesson it's incredible! I printed out the lessons and numbered the assignments in each one. For example - lesson two is about journaling prompts inspired by the life of Van Gogh, and there are EIGHT separate assignments in that one lesson - and they are ALL so inspiring! So I am scheduling them in to my project list, one at a time.

What I ended up with is a scheduled project every day from now until the end of September. There are a few exceptions because of other scheduled events, but not too many. For me it is SO EXCITING to have all these projects to look forward to! Does that make me obsessed? Hmmm.... maybe, but that's okay!

So, anyhoo, no projects for today's blog post, but I'd love to hear how you organize your projects - do you keep a list? Do you set aside certain days to create? Certain times of the day?

I'm off to create my project for today - and if I have time maybe I will do tomorrow's too! HA! See you again tomorrow for another update! Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

chris a said...

I usually make a list once a month and try to schedule things by week. I too like the idea of planning projects. Your class sounds so fabulous I wish I could have taken it, but I look forward to seeing what you create. Re earlier postings, I love the color of your typewriter - I have one that is two-toned brown and tan, and I love to use - I think typewritten journaling always looks so authentic and cool! Love what you have been doing with the kit your got - such great colors and textures.

Zorina said...

how i wish i can make a list of my crafty projects, too. be more organized, etc,etc. you rock, michelle!

Kelly said...

It sounds amazing Michelle. And I can't wait to see what you come up with xxx

casey boyd said...

Yes....big list maker here, complete with boxes to check off. I usually get most things checked off the list or if it has taken too long, they get added to the next list.

mandysea said...

I cant do lists because my mind will lock me in!! Soooooo I have a calendar - just a garden variety calendar I hang on the wall and i write whats due on each date and cross them off if I get to do them( unless they are dt stuff, thats first priority) My calendar isnt so confrontational as lists to me! LOL! Amazing how the mind works huh??

Denise said...

I need to visit your blog more often...now I'm overloading your comments! LOL.

I crop every Friday, and I am SO BAD at organizing, I usually bring everything with me. Last week I was all about scraplifting...I had just cleaned out my inspiration binder, where I put LOs I like in order by # of photos, so I lined up what's left of 2008, and pulled LOs to scraplift from my binder. I got 3 LOs done that night, after getting only 1 done the week before.

If I can get organized ahead of time, I can haul along less stuff & get more done. Common sense is not so common for me, though ;)