Sunday, April 1, 2012

Scrapping The Music has a Whole New Format!

We've changed things up again at Scrapping the Music and we hope you find it as fun as we do! We are now posting challenges twice a month (on the 1st and 15th); but each time we post, we are bringing you TWO challenges - one is a song (just like always), and one is a prompt! You can choose to do either the song or the prompt or both!

This week the song is one I picked - it's "The Time Song" by Matt Urmy. I love love love this unique song! Here's what I created, using the lyrics...
I just couldn't resist - ha. Knowing our cats - I could just see this scene. It fits their personalities. Check out the video for the song here.


The second challenge this time is to scrap a concert that you've attended. Here's what I did...
This was such a fun prompt to work with! Live music is one of my favorite things in all the world; and the Amos Lee concert at the State Theatre last year was amazing! Click on the image to make it larger, if you'd like to read the journaling. It's all about the magic of hearing music live. Photo of Amos is borrowed from the web here.

Head on over to Scrapping The Music to see all the details about our new format! You can hear the song, see the video and check out all of the design team layouts for both prompts. We are going to have a lot of fun with this - and we'd really LOVE to have you join us! Click here to go to the challenge.

5 comments:

Marit said...

I love both artpieces you made Michelle! Off to check out the new Scrapping the Music format on the blog!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the new format over there Michelle!! Great ideas! And love love love love your lo's!!! LOVING that first one with the 'boys'!! Toooooooooo fun!

dawn said...

How cute to have your cats on this one. Love the colors you used.

Great job on the second one, I like your tickets are on the layout. It's been a long time since I've heard live music, maybe one day it will happen again.

Glenda T. said...

OMG, this is amazing!!! I'm going to 2 concerts in June (Loverboy and John Mellencamp!) and will have to save this as an idea, looovveee it!!!!

Patricia Roebuck said...

I love both of these. That first one cracks me up. The second is so cool how you did the lyrics and title! Love the new format!