Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Incubus at Scrapping The Music Plus a Fab Thrift Store Find!

Hey everybody - the new song at Scrapping The Music this week is "Drive" by Incubus, and its one of my favorites ever! In fact I picked this one, so I hope you all will head over to the site and play along! I find the lyrics so inspirational, and I've been wanting to scrap this forever - here's what I did:
The background paper is from the "I heart Candytown" line available over at the SiStv boutique. I painted the sun on a separate piece of cardstock and slipped it into a slit I made in the paper. I had so much fun playing with the different trims on the bottom. Who doesn't love a little pom pom fringe? If I had my druthers I would put pom pom fringe on EVERYTHING! LOL not really, but I do love it. I also had fun playing with the fabric strip that I got in a vintage swap. Decided I really want to add more fabric to my layouts. Then lo and behold, what did I find when I went to the thrift store today? Check it out - a huge bag of fabric strips for only 99 cents! Can't wait to use them - what a treasure!!! Gotta love it when synchronicity hits like that! Have a great week and I hope to see you over at Scrapping The Music!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Amazing how fast the universe can give you what you ask for!!!

Tara James said...

WOW WOW WOW- I Absolutely love this one, Michelle!!!