Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy Friday!

One of the projects that I started last night is an assignment from Dina Wakely's Masterful Art Journaling class. The class is actually over now, but alot of us are still working our way through the assignments. This is not a complaint - I LOVE how much I get to learn from the class, long after it is over! Anyhoo, I'm still in the Van Gogh section, and the concept for this is to create emotion through your brush strokes. Here's what I ended up with...
I turn 50 next week and I guess it's got me thinking. Not that 50 is old by any means, but it is a bit of a turning point for me. I'm re-thinking my dreams and goals, and that means letting go of some things that just don't fit for me anymore. Call it growing pains if you will, and I was feeling them when I made this page. It felt good to get it out and I love how the page turned out.

The second project that I started last night is this layout. It's for a challenge at Studio Calico to do a layout with seven photos or more on one page. It was a really good one for me, because I am usually a one-photo per layout kind of gal. I had these photos of Willie that I wanted to scrap anyway, so it was the perfect time...

I used the June Studio Calico kit, and added the Doodlebug and Sassafras alphabet stickers and blue Stampin Up! cardstock.

The journaling reads:
"Johnny wasn't interested but you were - it was so cute. I just wanted one good shot but you were moving too fast and I was laughing. I ended up with this series of imperfect but lovable photos. It's everyday moments like these that brighten my world."

Have you seen that Elsie Flannigan and her friend Rachel Denbow have a new online craft class coming up in September? It looks so fun! I would love to take it, but I'm still figuring out if it's in the budget or not. Check it out here if you're interested.

Alrighty then, I'm off to bed. I hope you have a fabulous Friday! Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

oh I love this!! You are so good with colors and your journals are so beautiful!

Marit said...

I knew your birthday was coming up... mail me your addy so I can send you a real Dutch snailmail card...!!! The lo about it is marvelous!!! Don't we all feel that way, getting older...

And ooohhh, Willie is too cute! Love all the pics!!!

erinrwillis said...

Happy (upcoming) birthday, Michelle! That quote in your art journal couldn't be more true. And I LOVE that Willie page - love the series of pics!

Jenn said...

great layout, and a great challenge for me too to get more than one pic on a page.

Tonya said...

Love the depth of the colors on that art journal!

Michelle Gautreaux said...

that journal is frickin' awesome!

Unknown said...

Wow, your projects are fabulous!! Happy early bday!

Jingle said...

Both of these look fantastic! I really need to start an Art journal. Maybe I will dig a book up tonight to use. Hmm....

Renee Lamb said...

I really love the letting go! what an artistic and meaningful piece of art! Love your 2nd layout as well! And 50 isn't old but you're right it's a turning point. Like turning 21, 25, 30, 40 ....each I think marks times in our life. Love how you chose to document that change!

Anonymous said...

love that journal entry.. I can feel it all the way over here....

mandysea said...

*gasp* wow.....this took my breath!! I love the page with the back view of you!!! And I love the colour!! This is soooooo STUNNING!!
WOW WOW WOW!