Monday, August 31, 2009

Polaroids, Scrapping The Music and Someone's Birthday...

My friend Glenda asked what Photobooth is, and that made me realize that I should have explained that better! It's an application that comes with new MACs, where you can sit in front of your computer monitor and it takes your pic, just like you are in one of those old-fashioned photobooths! It's super fun! I don't know if you can buy it separately, but I googled it, and came up with all sorts of links for applications that simulate it - some are for windows, and it looks like some are free- so you could try that! I hope that helps!

Speaking of fun photo programs, a fellow Studio Calico member linked us up to Rollip, which is a free, online site where you can upload your photos, and it turns them into simulated polaroids. It's really cool! I tried it and I made this....


from this photo...
kinda fun, eh? Click here to check it out!

So anyhoo, on to this week's Scrapping The Music song, which is "Mr. Blue Sky" by ELO. Fun lyrics with this one! Here's what I came up with...
The title is a lyric from the song, and the photo is of the cabin we rented in the Smokey Mountains last fall - it was so beautiful in the mornings there! Everything I used is from the August Studio Calico kit, except the blue background paper, which is from Basic Grey's Marrakech line.

Come on over and play along with us! It's a great song for any sunny day photos you have! Or anything else that it inspires you to make!

Today is a very special day in our family! It is my husband Michael's birthday! I love birthdays because they are a holiday just made to honor one person - everyone deserves a day all to themselves, don't you think?

And no one deserves it more than my sweet husband. Michael is the kind of guy that is always taking care of others. Making people laugh, helping them out, noticing the good things about them. His smile lights up my world...

Here is the card I made for him. He liked it. :0)
P.S. It wasn't hard to come up with a list of reasons!

So, today I celebrate you sweetheart! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL - I LOVE YOU!!!

I will be back soon with another update - thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments:

Erika said...

Isn't that Polaroid site so AWESOME! I could play all day! Happy bday to your hubby!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Happy birthday to your hubby! Love the rollip too. And the layout and card are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday husband! Love the Polaroid! Im looking for a camera!

Marit said...

Happy birthday Michael!!!! Those polaroid pic is fun (I do all those things in Photoshop...) and the Mr. Blue Sky LO is beautiful!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL!!!!!!! Loveeeeeeeeeee the card U made him!!!! And your STM LO ROCKS!!!! Love how U made the sun with the Sass paper!!!!! And that photobooth is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy cool! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

Love the pic that you converted, and the LO is fabulous!!! Happy bday to Michael!

Denise said...

I love that song! Thankfully I do, because it is now running through my head. Stunning layout to go along with it. The things you can do with the SC kits makes me drool. LOL!

Happy belated brithday to your husband!