Saturday, August 29, 2009

Adorable Men in My Life and Cropsterific Plans...

Hello and Happy Saturday! After I get a good nite's sleep I am heading out to an all-day crop! Can't wait to see my girlfriends Christina and Lynn and possibly Karla and spend the day scrapping and chatting!

Thanks to my beloved project list, this was the easiest time I've ever had preparing! I just went down the list one project at a time and printed out the pictures and info about the project. Then I gathered together a few kits, packed up my basic tools, like journaling pens, scissors and adhesive and I'm good to go! Yeayyyyyy! I can't wait!

I have a new layout to share. I did this one for the Lotus Paperie sketch challenge that ended Friday. When I saw the four photos on the sketch, I knew what I wanted to do! I love taking photos while people are getting ready to have their photo taken, and this is my latest favorite set (click to see larger)...Steven and Michael are so much alike it's amazing. They have the same sense of humor and when I asked to take their photo together, it took about five minutes of them goofing around to get them to pose. That was fine with me, because it's those candid shots that really show their personalities! The cartoonish images at the bottom are cut from a vintage children's book. The background paper is Basic Grey and the yellow is SiSTV modsheets. The title is handpainted and outlined with a white sharpie. These photos just make me smile and I'm so glad I got them onto a layout! So do you have any tips for getting good candid photos? I'd love to hear!

The new challenge at Lotus is all about altering something. You can check it out here.

The September kit reveal at Studio Calico was fabulous! Lots of bright colors in this month's kits, plus some fun Sassafras, both of which are right up my alley! Yeayyy!

I will be back tomorrow with the results of the crop - hopefully I will have some finished projects to share! Thanks sooooo much for stopping by!

7 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

such a fun layout! Love the little guys in the left corner!

mandysea said...

oooooh HOW fun!! I love love love the cartoon images down the bottom!!! That soo sets the feel of the LO!!!! You are just sooooo resoureful!!!

kate blue said...

I think we took the same "what to do on the weekend pill!" I too am off for a charity crop and hope to show some completed projects tomorrow! Can you say I'm just packing my tote???? Have fun!

mborrero said...

love that lo

namaste
Melina

living, creating, and appreciating
~my blog
Daisy girl for Color Me Daisy

Marit said...

Love the candid photo's (makes me think... I photograph far too little of those fun pics....) and the cartoon figures are too cute! Hope you had a lovely day scrapping with your friends - can't wait to see the results!

Anonymous said...

Oh fun pics! Love the cheering guys in the corner!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee this Michelle!!! LOVE that title work....and those photos are soooooooooooooooooooo CUN! :):):):):):):):):):):):)