Monday, July 13, 2009

Evidence of a Fun, Scrappy Weekend...

The new song is up at Scrapping the Music! It's "What I Like About You" by The Romantics. This song was my absolute favorite for a short time back in the day - I was going to bars and parties, and loved to dress in skinny ties and black jeans. Yes, indeed it brings me back. HA. When I saw the current challenge at BASB, which is to scrap a friendship that came about because of this hobby - I figured this song was the perfect opportunity! Here's what I came up with...
The paper I used was actually a very muted carnation pink with dark brown shading around the edges (Basic Grey I think), but I did a color wash over it with pink and orange to brighten it up. On the bottom I glued some fabulous fabric that I got from my secret sister Andrea. Other materials used include gesso for the handpainted title, ribbon, some Jenni Bowlin black vintage star paper (I swear a little bit of that stuff finishes ANY layout off nicely!) and black and white sharpies. Click to read the journaling and see more details.

This next one was another one done with the June Studio Calico kit, which I am LOVING by the way. It is also my second layout for the Scraplifting game over at SiSTV this past weekend. The layout I was assigned to lift is called "Fly" and it's a beautiful digi done by Shadesofbliss. You can see it along with all the info about the game right here. Anyhoo, the layout subject matter was brought about by a challenge on Elizabeth Kartchner's blog to take a photo of whatever you were doing on 07/08/09 @ 10:11:12. Kinda fun! Here's what I came up with...
Along with the SC kit, I used pink Bubblegum Glimmer Mist, Terracotta Adirondack Spray Ink, More of the fab Jenni Bowlin paper, and colored pencils. The journaling is about getting ready to get my annual mammogram - click for more details. :0)

Thanks to everyone who referred me to various kit clubs! I appreciate it so much, and I checked into each and every one of them! They all looked wonderful - each one with a different personality of sorts! If I had the money I would most certainly buy one of each!!! Now wouldn't that be a festival of scrappy supplies!

Anyhoo, I thought about it all weekend, and then suddenly, intuitively, I knew what I wanted to do - without a doubt! I subscribed to Studio Calico! I am so excited about it! After working with their kits this weekend I was really sold! It was so much fun - they are packed full of goodies, colorful and very inspiring! I like how they include exclusive patterned papers and stamps with each kit too - that is wayyyyy cool.

So, now it's the wee hours of Monday morning, and it's time to catch some zzzzzzz's. Here's wishing you a Marvelous Monday! Don't forget to come on over to Scrapping The Music and play along with us - we'd love to see what you create!

Thanks for stopping by my friends!

9 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

I love the orange phase you have- gorgeous layouts!!!

Marit said...

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy - you keep amazing me!!! I love the title on the first lay out, and I really am in ooooooh and aaaaah about the second one. You did it again Michelle!!!

mandysea said...

WOW Michelle! You show such joy and colour in your LO's!

erinrwillis said...

I know some other ladies who subscribe to Studio Calico, and they LOVE it! I'm sure you will too!!

Houston said...

What a great song, I'll have to stop by Scrappin' The Music! I love your layouts, they are gorgeous!

Tonya said...

You always have such fun layouts. So bright and cheery!

Anonymous said...

I love the fun pages!

Kelly said...

Awesome layouts Michelle xxx

Axes DesigNs said...

those Lo's are so cute.. Ilove the bright colors you use!