Sunday, June 26, 2011

My Red Smashbook Is Complete!

Hi everyone! I'm excited to report that my red Smashbook is all done! Yesterday was my monthly girls crop, and I played happily with it all day. When I got home it was after 11pm, but I was having so much fun that I pulled it out of my crop bag and stayed up til 5am finishing it! I thought I would share some of the pages with you. I know I posted the cover before, but here it is again - just for reference...

alot of the pages are just random bits of life, like this one...(click on any of the images to see them larger)...

it was fun making lots of different tabs. This one was made from a Tim Holtz adage ticket...


One thing I thought was super fun about the Smashbook, was that it had all these little prompts, that you could do whatever you want with. I liked this one...

tiny pics of the projects I completed during June...

This was one of my most fun pages to work on. I collected things from our neighborhood walks...


This page was titled "Seen," so I decided to collect images of all the wildlife I saw in our yard in June. I ran out of room, so I added a transparency flap...

The cute little dog was already on the page...

I loved the little prompts - they got me thinking differently about documenting life...

another random page...









This one originally said "Top Ten," but I was inspired by Tina Azmus to change it to "currently." I've seen how Tina does this every so often - and I think it's a fun thing to document...


journaling about my new "system," which by the way I've totally abandoned already - LOL!...





So, now, my beautiful Red Smashbook becomes #7 journal of 2011 and sits on my shelf with the others...

I've got ideas already for my three other Smashbooks, but that is for another post.

I hope you had a beautiful weekend my friends! Thank you so much for visiting and I will see you again soon!!!

24 comments:

Alison said...

Thanks for sharing, you are so busy and get so much done, I love looking at all your pages and how different they all are.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeee how this turned out!! And I have to giggle that you all ready stopped using your 'new' system!! LOL!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

McMGrad89 said...

It's so much fun to see what you do with your journals. I was thinking about you the other day as I was sorting through things while packing for our big move to Missouri. There was this catalog full of "Ravenea - like" colors. You should get on their mailing list. It is from a clothing company called Lily Pulitzer and she always has swatch papers inside the catalog so people can see the different patterns the clothing is available. So bright and cheerful and very you.

Have fun starting your new books.

Annemarie

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Thanks for the tip AnneMarie! I will check out the catalog! Thanks for your comments too Alison and Julie!

Marit said...

Your smashbook is wonderful Michelle! So you! LOVE the quote about the icecream, it made me giggle since we have tropical temperatures right now!

Deb said...

I am in awe of your both your incredible talent and time management skills! Just received my Smashbooks in the mail and can't wait to find/make time to get busy in them!

milkcan said...

You always amaze me with your creativity! So much to love in this post!

Tina said...

this makes me want to art journal again. love. love. love.

Emie58 said...

I found my way here from the FTB Yahoo group.... I love your smash book... I espceially like the page with the work "splendiferous" on it!!! Would you mind if I use that word in my own journal???
Thanks for sharing!!!! Emie

Thinkie said...

I love that spread about your walks!

Kym said...

Wow, your Smashbook is awesome. Which is not a surprise because I love all of your journal pages.
I saw on one of your pages that you want to go to JournalFest. Might I suggest that you go as an *instructor* in 2012!

Charmingdesigns said...

sooo cute. I'm glad you posted at FTB so I could visit. love what you did

Anonymous said...

Amazing!Im going to order it right now!
You're is awsome!

Sandy said...

Your Smashbook looks great. I ordered one and it's on the way, I can't remember which color. I love what you did with all the pages.

oh' boy said...

i saw a pin on pinterest that was a pic of your Currently entry!!! I loved it so much that I took that idea and turned it into a Teacher Currently linky party on my blog!!! I thank you for the inspiration and please feel free to come on over and see!!!
www.ohboy3rdgrade.blogspot.com

Nathalie said...

I have never done a journal but I keep coming back to yours for some reason!!!! It is so utterly inspiring!!!! I LOVe your handwrittting!!!

Orla Harrington said...

Wow, that looks amazing! I wish I could do something like that, it's so pretty. :)

http://escapetovanilla.blogspot.com/

ackstay said...

I LOVE this... I started working on mine last night... You gave me some great ideas!

Nancy Wyatt said...

Great job! I gave a friend her first smash book yesterday at her baby shower. We all started to journal in it and by this morning she had created a Pinterest board for ideas :) going to add yours for inspiration for her :) Hugs from Conroe, Texas

~ Mari said...

I think that I've fallen in love with Willie.

VA Beach Linda said...

Wow! Great Smash book...very creative...I know how that feels to get crazy creative energy that can keep you up all night!

Anonymous said...

I did one for my one grandson.
I never knew what they were till I went on you tube and seen this teen doing one. He was so humorous as well. Being a teen he gave me ideas for a guy book. Then Like the song says. I did it my way. My Grandson liked it.

I too like to do it the cover.

Mine was like 89 pages. I was tired after I did it.


love yours.

Deb said...

Love this! what stamps are you using for the text - love the large size , lower case.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful smash book! I'm always happy to get some inspiration :-)
Best wishes from Germany.