Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Weather Outside is Frightful...

Wow - I guess winter has arrived!!! I woke up this morning to this...


Willie is mesmerized by it all...

and just a few days ago it was in the high 60's. Oh well - that's Minnesota for ya, eh?



Anyhoo, I've got a bunch of stuff to share with you today! First of all - the story of Honeymoon Four continues...

Our last stop in Estes Park was to head over to the infamous Stanley Hotel and take a look around. The Stanley (as you may or may not know), is the hotel that Stephen King stayed at, which inspired him to write the classic book/movie "The Shining." Being a Stephen King fan, I simply could not leave Estes without at least seeing it for myself. It's quite a grand place, and I don't mind saying, just a little eerie...

Of course we had to take the obligatory picture on the front steps. It proves we were there, ya know?
The place is really supposed to be haunted, and they give ghost tours, but we didn't have time - so that's first on our list next time we are in Colorado! You can find out more about the Stanley's eerie history here and here.


Next stop was the Royal Gorge Bridge, which is the worlds HIGHEST suspension bridge!!! EEEK!!! They say you haven't lived til you've walked the Royal Gorge bridge, so OF COURSE we had to do it! Don't look down!!! You can't really tell how high it is in this picture, but notice how Michael is walking right down the middle - as far away from each edge as possible? HA. And not even looking while he takes the video? This is how we started out...

I was fine until I made the mistake of noticing that there are gaps in the bridge where you can see all the way down. I took this pic thru one of those gaps...
After that, I had trouble walking normally, cuz I was afraid of falling through the gaps!!! HA.

Okay, and some people actually CATAPULT themselves over the gorge just for fun - WHAT ARE THEY THINKING???

Here's a pic of the bridge from a distance. It's a quarter mile long, so I couldn't get the whole thing in the picture...

Needless to say we were quite proud of ourselves when we made it to the other side...


Of course we still had to go back, but that's another story. (grin)


In other news, I made a new journal and I'm so excited to start using it today! Here it is...
The cover is cut from a vintage children's record album, and the papers and embellies mostly come from my new Noel Mignon kit called "Dear Diary!" How appropriate, eh? It's an awesome kit, and there are still a few left in case you are interested. I used my trusty bind-it-all for the spiral binding.

Here's a couple closeups of the danglies that are on the spine...

There's a reason for the big number 7, but that's for another post!

I hope you are having a great weekend my friends! I will be back soon with more project updates and the final highlights of honeymoon four! It feels great to be back to blogging, and I thank you so much for visiting!!!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that bridge would have TOTALLY FREAKED me out... no thank you ma'am!! LOL! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the picks and loving the journal! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Marit said...

I will tell Marius not even to look at your blog this time... he's acrophobiac (scared of hights) and would never, ever walk across a bridge like that! I must say, I would have some troube doing it myself I! LOVE your new journal and can't wait to see what you are going to fill it with - I'm sure you will have a lot of fun!

Peggy said...

I agree with the others, I would never ever walk across that bridge, don't like heights all that much!!!
I'm a big Stephen King fan as well (for the longest time I read nothing but), so I'm especially loving those pics. I would love to take that ghost tour one day :-)))
Your new Art Journal looks awesome. Can't wait to see your new entries!
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!
xxx Peggy

Thinkie said...

that journal looks fab! and what a great trip! I bet my husband would love to visit that bridge, as a civil engineer he's really into bridges, but I don't think we'll visit Colorado any time soon! I wish we had snow here, but it's only rain these days.

Denise said...

*Very* cool bridge...but Egor would NEVER get on it. That's okay, I could handle it alone...LOVE heights! TFS...new journal looks cool...is it journal #7? ;) now I'm curious...