Saturday, December 30, 2017

Days 5 and 6 of the Top 2000 Countdown - CSNY and Hozier!

Hi friends! I've got a catchup post on the Top 2000 party today, since I didn't post about it yesterday.

Yesterday was day five and we were counting down the best songs of all time, from #864 - #559.  

The one I picked comes in at #640 - Teach Your Children by Crosby Stills Nash and Young.  

Here's how my page turned out...
(the photograph of the mother and daughter is by Jon Flobrant on Unsplash) 



I couldn't find a live version of this song with Neil Young in it, so here's Crosby Stills & Nash.  Their harmonies are amazing...




Now - on to today!  It's day 6 of the Top 2000 countdown!  We are counting down the best songs of all time, from #558 - 259.  

The one I picked for today comes in at #269 - Take Me To Church by Hozier.  

This song is one that I feel all the way to my bones whenever I hear it.  Here's how my tribute turned out...


Such a moving video.  A sad statement, but a powerful work of art...




and because I love to hear songs live, here's another one with Hozier singing it...



The Top 2000 Countdown party is hosted by my friend Marit Barentsen on her blog.  If you want to find out more about the Top 2000 Party, click here:  All About the Top 2000 Blog Party 

and if you want to see all of the beautiful work that people around the world are submitting for day six - click here: Day Six on Marit's Blog

Thanks for visiting and I will see you tomorrow for the last day of the countdown!


3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee these!!! That Hozier song is one of my faves!!

StevenHWicker said...

Wow what a great blog, i really enjoyed reading this, good luck in your work. Market alert

Anonymous said...

mbnmn