Sunday, December 24, 2017

It's time for the Top 2000 Blogfest again!

Hi friends!  I'm so excited!  It's finally time for the Ninth Annual Top 2000 Countdown Blog Party!!!

Every year, a radio station in the Netherlands (Radio 2), hosts an international vote to determine the Top 2000 songs of all time.  They publish the results mid-December, and then on Christmas Day they start playing all 2000 songs; in ascending order - ending with the #1 song of all time on New Year's Eve.

My friend Marit Barentsen, has been hosting a blog party to honor this tradition, for the past nine years!  Artists all over the world are invited to create art inspired by songs on the list, and submit them to her. She publishes them all week long on her blog - each one on the day that the song plays on the radio.  Every year there is more and more art - It's loads of fun!

I have been playing along since the very beginning, and I'm so excited to start the party again this year!  My goal is to publish one journal page each day for the next week; each one inspired by a song on that days portion of the Top 2000 list.


First, I wanted something to introduce the top 2000 party in my journal, so I created this...



When the list comes out, I go through it (this takes awhile!)  and pick out favorites.  That is my rough draft.  Then I go back and pick one song for each day of the party, and create a page to celebrate it.  The list in the background of this page, is my "rough draft" list.

If you want to play along, or just find out more about the party, follow this link:  All About the Top 2000 Blog Party.

I will be back every day for this next week to share a page for the party.

Thanks so much for visiting and come on back tomorrow!

Hugs,
Shelley

2 comments:

Marit said...

Isn't it amazing that we do this for the ninth time already?! Yes, WE, 'cause you were there as a participant in 2009 and I don't think you ever skipped a year, did you? When I think 'Top 2000', I think 'Michelle!" Thanks for making this party extra fun by brightning it up with your wonderful, colorful and funky pages!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Can't wait to see what you create this year!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!