Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Project Life Week #1: December 26, 2011 - January 1, 2012

I finished my first week of Project Life and it was so much fun! I feel like I have a whole new medium to play with. I don't usually work with a grid that much, plus having all of these little pieces to fit together feels like a game! I actually lost track of time on Sunday night and stayed up all night! All of a sudden the sun was coming up and I wasn't even tired! HA.

Anyhoo, here's how my layout turned out...


Closeup of the left side...

Closeup of the right side...
This week I used the Cobalt kit, plus items from my stash. Deb Duty had asked if I was going to use both Clementine and Cobalt in the same book, and the answer is yes! I loved them both so much I had to buy them both! So I will be mixing and matching. Thanks for the question Deb!

I was especially excited to use some of my new Ormolu flair badges. I used a Fact or Fiction Days of the Week on the left side, and a numbers on the right side. Miscellaneous ephemera included Caribou coffee sleeve, sticker from my new shelving unit (on the bottom of the bright rainbow-colored journaling tag), and two candy wrappers - one from Christmas Candy and one came with my new Noel Mignon kit.

This is my first blogpost about Project Life, so I'm still trying to figure out the best things to include. If you have any questions, please let me know and I will do my best to answer them!

If you have started Project Life - how is it going? Are you having fun???

Thanks for visiting and I will see you again very soon!

15 comments:

mandyb said...

very cool and colourful pages.....and what cute kitties!!!

mandyb from SC messageboard

Sandy said...

Love your pages. I'm trying to start this week and come up with ideas. Not a lot going on. It's my first time to do PL so I'm sure it will get easier as I go along.

dawn said...

Hi Michelle,

WOW you filled it up with lots of goodies. Such a great first week in your PL!!

Love all the COLOR you have.

I will be posting my PL updates on Tuesdays like in the past years. My PL on Jan 1st so next week it will be posted.

Just curious after putting so much into PL this week will you have enough stuff for your art journal pages?

How are you deciding which pictures/paper stuff should go in each book?

I can't believe you stayed up all night after NYE, that's two late nights in a row, you are superwoman!!
Congrats on your first week!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

hehehehehe... I love that you were working on it all night and weren't tired in the AM --- and I get accused of never sleeping! lol!! I loveeeeeeeeee these Michelle!! you always amaze me!!! And thanks for the prayers for my Brookie! It means so much to me! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Ashley said...

Your PL is so bright and fun! I can't wait to get the first week in mine- haven't started yet though!

Rachel Mims said...

I had no idea your song journal pages were so small! interesting to see the actual size!!

Marcia Beckett said...

I just started learning about this project life thing and found some of the cool products on amazon. Are you planning to add things every day of the whole year?

Amy Lynne said...

These are so fabulous, Michelle. :) I adore your very special and recognizable style....! Wow.

Mary Jo said...

I absolutely LOVE the colors on your pages! So fun and a different take then most of the pages I have been seeing :)

Lisa Adair said...

Love all the color on your PL pages! I am so excited to be doing it this year!

Love that you were so into the pages you didn't even realize you'd worked through the night! Gotta love it when you get lost in a project like that!

phinner said...

so that's what it takes to keep up with Project Life! no sleep!!!

: .P

amazing amount of detail captured here! yowza Michelle!!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Awesome and amazing, Michelle!

Denise said...

Michelle, your pages are so cool. You are definitely making me want to start.

sandra said...

hi Michelle. Happy New Year!
this is such a great project. your pages so far are great and i can't wait to more.

Patricia Roebuck said...

I saw this on SC gallery...I just love this, Michelle! I'm so glad you are doing this...I normally stay up late too...need to get started on this weeks.