Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Project Life - Week of February 20 - 26, 2012

I tried a new experiment this week with my Project Life Layout. I picked a color scheme in advance, and cut background papers. I went with the Clementine colors. Here's how my week started out looking (sorry for the glare - aargh)...

It was the first week that I added an insert. First tho, here's how the layout looks without the insert (click to see the details)...


Left side...I loved having a color scheme to work with! Ephemera includes a piece of a sock that I wore a hole in and the label off of a roll of fun tape that I used for the first time. The top left is a photo of Chris Cornell performing a tribute to Whitney Houston. I happened on the video and found it very touching, so I included it here. I also included an old photo from 1987 of our dog Suzie (just cuz I was thinking of her), my cloud stamps, and an alphabet stamp set that I received this week (I had to buy it after being inspired by this layout of Patricia's). The quote on the bottom in the middle is from pinterest.


Right side...
Ephemera includes an email that I got from Gina Armfield, letting me know that I won her drawing for a free class!!! (I'm so excited - more on that later). I also included an ATC that I received in a swap from a Sistv friend, Kim Maxey, in 2008. Can I just say AGAIN how much I love having a place to put ATCs where they will be seen?!!! The highlight of the week was celebrating Sue and Stan's (Michael's parents) 50th wedding anniversary on Saturday. (Now there's a true love story).


Sue and Stan's anniversary celebration is also the subject of my insert for the week. Here's the layout with the insert in place...

And here's a closeup of the insert. This is the invitation for their party. I used a WeR Memory Keepers 5.5x8.5" page protector...

And here's the layout with the insert flipped over...

The backside holds the announcement that was in the paper for Sue and Stan.
I am going to continue on with picking a color scheme for my Project Life layout at the beginning of the week! It really made it a lot of fun!

Thanks so much for visiting! I will see you again soon!!!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are AWESOME Michelle! I loveeeeeeeee the colors you used!! And congrats on winning the class! That's cool!!

phinner said...

wow Michelle!!! so colorful and full of fun!

that's the sweetest quote on your in-laws invitation!!! nice that you honored them in your album!

Unknown said...

Love it! And what a great idea to start out with the color scheme before you start adding things in - I will have to try that!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Good idea Michelle. I think I am still working in a flow. Anything to help. And this looks beautiful. Colorful, so much detail. Hello? A piece of your sock. I just love all the tidbits of your life you include. And so glad you found the stamps, yay! Looks like it was a good week.

dawn said...

I always love your pages, I can't believe how much stuff you find for them. All that color is so awesome!

Congrats to his parents, that is so awesome to hear.

Glad the color scheme is working for you, can't wait to see the next weeks.