Sunday, July 1, 2012

My 30 Day Journal is Finished...

I was up til 6:30 am this morning, putting the final touches on my 30-Day Challenge Journal!  I was having so much fun I lost track of time!  I still had pages left after I did all of the prompts, so I filled them in with random journaling, collage and misc. stuff!  Here are the final pages I haven't shared yet. They are in the order they appear in the book...

Here's the finalized cover.  I added the words "June 2012" to the doily, and stapled on a ribbon to help it close...

 Prompt #28
The prompt was to make a list of 10 prompts for future journals.  I decided instead to record the ideas I've gathered in my head for future journals.  They aren't really prompts but they are things I want to remember...


Pen and marker doodles on the back of a prompt page...


I shared the tribute to Michael page before, but here's how it looks in the book. I glued the photo part onto the end of the restaurant guest check...


and the back of that same page.  I used a piece of watercolor paper to test out some colors for a different journal, and it was too pretty to throw away, so I stuck a piece of it here...


I added some things to the left side of the hands/paws page...


Prompt #26
Record your day.  I did that on the left-hand page.  The right side with the kitten, is the other half of the guest check (that the Michael Tribute is on)...




I journaled some final thoughts in the empty places throughout the journal and numbered them (since they aren't on consecutive pages).  This starts on the backside of the kitten page...


Prompt #15
I will not be defined by...


Long story short on this one - I was looking at the trailer for the latest edition of Anthology Magazine, and was struck by the lyrics to the soundtrack, so I captured them here. Image is from an old thrifted photography book..


Here's another chunk of that same watercolor paper that I used earlier on the page with the robot...


another one of the journaling pages...


Prompt #29
Record some goals for July...


A quote from a local band called the "Minnesota Barking Ducks."  These words always make me smile...


and the inside back cover is a thank you to Janel for hosting this challenge!  It works out perfectly because prompt #30 is to say thank you to someone...

and that's it.  My journal is done and I'm just giddy about it!  Thanks soooo much for letting me share this little journey with you!

If you want to see the whole journal, click here to go to my flickr set.

Thanks for visiting and for your kind comments!  They mean so much to me!

14 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is AMAZING Michelle!! I love love love all the bright colors and loveeeeeee the sun on the cover!!!

McMGrad89 said...

Yours came out great! I starting mine in July. I felt weird starting on an off day, so I decided to just wait and start on the 1st of the next month. I enjoyed seeing yours. I tried hard not to read your so as not to influence my ideas, but your style is super.

amytangerine said...

absolutely amazing. every single page!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Michelle! I am so in awe of your journal!!!! Your 30 - day journal is spectacular!!! I especially love the page about your hubby!!!! TFS!

Cathy Vee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy said...

I love this, thank you for the inspiration, I'll be doing a 31 day book as well!

dawn said...

WOW WOW WOW, how awesome your journal came out. The cover is so cool and colorful, the pages are amazing and fun!! I love the way your journals are different thruout them, it shows how creative you are.
Thanks for sharing and inspiring us with this awesome journal.

p.s. you really stayed up all night, how can you do that??? I can barely keep my eyes open past 10:00 even for a good book or tv show. YOU ARE SUPERWOMAN!!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Hi Dawn! Thanks for your kind words! I stay up late a lot - I love creating at night! But the secret is - I have to take naps! Long naps after work!

Thanks everyone for your kind words! They really mean a lot to me!

Anonymous said...

love it! your printing is amazing too! i was up till 3:00 a.m. working in my Smash book last night.(still not quite awake yet!) i was excited to see on your list "start a travel journal as soon as you know you are going somewhere"!!!! i have and i'm not leaving till 2014! i was a little worried about sharing pages this early lest anyone think i'm crazy, but i'm totally am now!! thanks!

janel. said...

Your pages are amazing!!! And your "thank you" page totally made my day!!! Great Job michelle!! xi

phinner said...

oooh, the hand/paw page is my FAVORITE! its soooo stinkin' cute!!!

good for you for sticking with the challenge and finishing!!! its wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the energy of your journal and the vibrant pages! Such a fun style. I know myself well enough to know I couldn't do that kind of journal; I'm impressed!

Glenda T. said...

Wowzers Michelle, your journal is amazing and gave me so many new ideas!!! Love coming here to be inspired and cannot wait for August for the STM!! It seems like forever since I've played along with you guys but now that I'm more settled I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this! I love the hand print and paw print page. You have inspired me to make a 30 day journal of my own now. I would like one for every month or every other month!