Sunday, March 3, 2013

Big Project Life Update...

Hi everyone and happy Sunday!!!  I worked on Project Life all day yesterday at my monthly crop, so I have a big update for you.  It goes from February 4 thru 17...

February 4 & 5...
 Owl calendar is a free printable from Owl Barn.  Using mostly Today's Story supplies from Photo Freedom supplies.  It was fun to include that Mixed Emotions started on February 4!

Here's the spread for February 6 to 8...

Closeup of left side...
My friend Lynn sent me the pic of the beautiful pigeon, just cuz she knew I would like it.  Because of Project Life, I have somewhere to put it now - I LOVE that!!!
 
Closeup of right side...
 
 The cute little cat (or fox?) in the top left pocket is from Dear Lizzy's 5th and Frolic line.  I bought the whole pack of diecuts mainly cuz I loved that little guy!  (ever do that?)  The bottom left pocket contains a 6x6 layout that I made way back in 2004 when I was a Stampin Up demonstrator.  I found it in a box of stuff the other day - a bit beat up, but nonetheless, I thought it would be fun to include it - why not?  The John Lennon quote was part of a piece of junk mail that arrived at our house.  Again - I LOVE that I have a place to put these little miscellaneous bits of life!

 February 9 - 14...

Closeup of left side...
 Blue-footed boobys are one of my favorite birds, and Christina sent me the CUTE photo in top left pocket - isn't he funny and adorable!  I LOVE how BLUE their feet are!  In the top right is an instagram of my sister Renee's cats, Daisy and  Henry.  Renee has an ongoing instagram story with these two, and every so often I love to include one of the screenshots.  They brighten my day!

Closeup of right side...
 I had fun sketchnoting a super-inspiring skype interview that LifeBook 2013 had with Julie Fei-Fan Balzer, which is depicted in the top left pocket. The photo of the spool in the middle is the valentines gift I made for Michael.  I had so much fun making it!  When you unroll it, it shows a handpainted love poem.  :0)  Ephemera included here are the tickets to the movie we saw on valentines day (LOVED IT by the way!), and a valentines day postcard I got from Farm Aid (the two sheep - aren't they cute?).


 February 15 and 16...

Closeup of left side...
February 5th was the first day of my girls scrappy retreat that I attended with Christina, Lynn and Anne. We had such a blast!!! Ephemera includes the receipt and wrapper from a Vegan candy bar that I got at the natural foods store in town...


Here's my pal Willie, who wanted to be part of the photo shoot....


Closeup of right side...
More ephemera from the natural foods store, which I was ecstatic to find in the tiny town of Pine City!


February 17...

 another cat shot (I couldn't resist...)

Closeup of left side...
Pretty self-explanatory.  I wouldn't normally do a whole spread for one day, but I'm considering it my alternative to a mini-album about the event!

 Closeup of right side...
 Ephemera here includes a piece of my Diet Mountain Dew Code Red carton, which I labeled with my initials for identification purposes in the big communal fridge.  Of course, the fact that I was the only one who brought Diet Mountain Dew Code Red is beside the point - lol.

So, that's it for now!  I have the rest of February in process, so I hope to be able to share that with you soon! 

Have a great Sunday my friends!  Thank you so much for visiting - I really appreciate it!


4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love your PL pages!! Great pics and colors!! LOVING your new hair and wasn't Silver Linings Playbook AMAZING!??!?!?! I loved it!!! So happy Jennifer Lawrence won for Best Actress at the Oscars!!!

dawn said...

WOW Michelle, did you really do all this in one day??!! You really are superwoman!! I love how many animal things are in here, seriously how do you do that. LOVE seeing your artwork in here, that is one thing that is missing in my smaller pages but I'm ok with it for now.
LOVE that spread of your fun retreat, would love to be there with you creating and walking around town.
How sweet about the Valentine gift you made and beautuiful flowers. How nice to have a movie date, cool way to show it in the pockets.
That blue footed bird is sooo sweet and funny, my daughter would love him.
I read all this and tried to remember everything, just know I LOVE IT!! KEEP THEM COMING.
OH wait, I know the journal/date cards and such look really good too!
Thanks for the comment on my blog too and YEA FOR MIXED EMOTIONS!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Hi Dawn - it actually wasn't all in one sitting. I stayed up til 5am on Friday night, planning and printing photos! Then did the embellishing and journaling on Saturday. Plus the first page with the wolf on it was already done, I just hadn't posted it yet.

Julie, yes, I just LOVED Silver Linings Playbook! So sweeeet!

Thanks both of you for your kind words!

Marit said...

That's quite an update Michelle! I LOVE how you manage to include all those little 'this-and-thats' and make it come together. So much to see and such a nice view on your life. Awesome! PS I love your new haircut!