Saturday, March 29, 2014

Planner Journal Week 9...

It's only March and my planner is already getting so fat!  Eek!

Here is the beginning of March...

 February 24 - March 22...
 On the right is my monthly envelope used to collect workshop handouts, receipts and other tidbits of life.  The No Excuses theme for March is authenticity and my artist of the month is Chagall.  The "It's Summer Somewhere" flap is cut from a junk mail postcard.


 Here's how the page looks with the postcard flap open...
 The Documented Life Challenge of the week was to collage with something recycled...
 
 Recognize the guy in the parka???  It's Paul Simon - I used an old record album sleeve as my base to collage on.  Other recycled things on the collage are two tea tags, a bunch of postage stamps, a quote from an old calendar, a vintage sewing pattern, and a cartwheeling sailor cut from a snack package!  So fun!


 On the back of the album sleeve is a collage and some writing about the authenticity theme...
  

In other news, I'm excited cuz I signed up for Alisa Burke's "Sketch Into Spring" workshop, and it started yesterday!  I'm working on the first exercise tonight.  Maybe I will be able to share tomorrow!  Wish me luck!

Thank you so much for visiting!  I wish you a superb Saturday! 




2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love these Michelle!! LOVING those colors!!!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Thanks Julie!