Monday, July 14, 2014

Summer of Color Week 5...

I'm late to the party with week five's Summer of Color pages.  I figure better late than never tho, right?  Anyhoo, the colors were:

Red and Royal Blue with a Splash of Light Blue

I flipped it around a bit, and did red, light blue with a splash of royal blue.  Here are last week's planner pages...
 I used bits of happy mail Susan DaSilva Gallitto, Linda Rapchak and Leike Michelow - thanks friends!




 The documented life challenge for the week was to use a small photo somewhere.  Turns out, this cute graduation photo from my friend Christina's daughter Alex fit in perfectly with the colors - yeayyy!


Loved this quote from Oprah, so I had to include it...


I am definitely experiencing the wonder on my path right now.  I've got 87 days til I retire, and I am treasuring each moment of my job, while at the same time, gearing up for the new adventure ahead!

Thanks so much for visiting today!  I appreciate you so much and wish you wonder on your journey too!

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love these Michelle!!!! LOVING the bold colors and loving that quote from Oprah ... can't say that I "embrace" it ... but I do love it! LOL!! :)

Weird Amy said...

I love, love, LOVE the way you used the image as the flower center in the first spread! I want to steal it and claim it as my own! And hug it and squeeze it and love it and call it George! So cool!

I like the Oprah quote too...I appreciate each year a little bit more the older I get...especially when I think about being close to retirement age, you lucky duck! It is still quite a ways away for me, but I still have the lottery dream, I suppose...and I can live retirement life vicariously through you, right? :D

Unknown said...

Love the different ways you used this week's colors. I noteice how bright your colors are, something I want to learn to do. Love your idea of using a B&W photo as the center of a daisy. I will be trying that!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Congrats on your upcoming retirement, Michelle!!! YAY for you! I absolutely love the wonderful art you made using the SOC colors. And that quote from Oprah is going to be what I use to make a layout about my age! Thank you SO MUCH for your inspiration, Michelle. HUGS!!!