Monday, May 7, 2012

Shine Like A Star and Screen Play Sketch...

I got two more challenges done for the Scrapbook Nook Crop!

The first one was Patricia's "Shine Like a Star" challenge.  The prompt was to make something full of glitter and sparkle!  This was a challenge for me cuz I almost never get my glitter out anymore!  Here's what I came up with...
 The background of this art journal page is watercolor on 140 lb. hot press watercolor paper.  I used the Balzer Designs clouds stencil and some molding paste, and then sprinkled glitter on it while it was wet.  This is what I love about challenges - they push you to try something new.  I just love how the glitter made the clouds shine!  I added a little extra glitter with Amy Tangerine glitter thickers for the word daydream. 


 The next challenge I did was Marinette's "Screenplay Sketch" challenge.  The idea was to make a card or three tags using her sketch for inspiration.

 I ended up with these three tags...
I used washi tape, more Amy Tangerine papers (can you tell I love them?), and the horse and sheep are October Afternoon rub-on's from the farmhouse collection.  Plus bits from my stash.  It was super fun making these tags, and I figure I can use them on art journal pages or for project life!

The crop is going on until this evening, so head on over if you want to play along!

Thanks so much for visiting!!!  I really appreciate it!  Have a great Monday my friends!

7 comments:

Marit said...

The tags are truly wonderful! Love the glittering clouds too... great work!

dawn said...

Those clouds are AMAZING AND SPARKLY!!! I love what you did for this page and the journaling around the clouds is so cute. The background color is perfect with the clouds. How fun to try something new and play with glitter.

I love the tags, they are always fun aren't they. I have never seen rub-on animals before, they are cool. Always love the tape. Great job on them.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love those clouds on the first one and how you journaled on them...and your tags are BEAUTIFUL!!!! LOVE THEM!!!

Anonymous said...

Love those tags! Especially the sheep with the color burst on the left!

phinner said...

I would so want to buy this piece from you if it wasn't personal!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee it!!! I guess you've convinced me to buy the cloud stencil at least! LOL!!!

those tags are really cute too!!! yowza!!! inspiration begets inspiration, can I leave work and go home and play with paper and bits now please?!

Happy Monday Michelle!!!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Michelle, I cannt get over how those clouds look 3D. So cool looking. I really would hang this piece! And those tags are so cool looking! Glad you got to dig in your stash too! I always love your color choices! And you are so sweet to even mention me. I am just glad you came over and having fun at the Nook!

Personal Trainer Guy Putney said...

Love those tags, they're adorable!