Saturday, February 26, 2011

New Wonky Page Journal and Little Bird...

Hi everyone! I finally started my February sketch challenge page. I had a hard time coming up with an idea for the theme "opposites," so I decided to stretch it a bit and sketch a bird on a flower - which is just the opposite from what I see out my window now - SNOW.

It's just in the beginning stages, but here's what I've got so far...


I had to go out of town this week, so I brought along my latest Scarlet Lime kit to play with in the hotel room at night. I decided to make a new journal with the kit, and since I didn't have a paper trimmer with me - the "Wonky Page Journal" was born! It was so relaxing to just play with the papers and embellishments; no measuring and no trying to get anything straight. When I was done I had a pile of background papers cut, and a few pages all embellished and ready for journaling and photos...
My style is a bit wonky anyway, so it wasn't a big stretch, but for some reason I've never thought of cutting the base pages out by hand...


I kept the left sides straight to make it easier to bind later...





I've been writing in my Pre-Smashbook everyday too. I'm loving that as well. Journalling really seems to be my thing right now. It's so therapeutic.

I'll be back tomorrow with another update. Thanks so much for visiting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad I am not the only finding these challenges so difficult, today I went to a sketching for the creatively challenged, and we had to do a blind contour drawing of the person sitting across from us so that is my opposite, the total opposite of anything I have done before, so I too am stretching just a bit...Janet

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee that sketch!!! That bird is amazing!! I love love love love your book so far too!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)