Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Closer to Fine at Scrapping The Music...

Hi everyone! The new challenge at Scrapping the Music is "Closer to Fine" by the Indigo Girls! This song has such great lyrics. I did an art journal page, and here's how it turned out...

I experimented with layers on this one. Here's what I used (in order)...

acrylic paint
journaling
more acrylic paint
stamps
spray ink
collage magazine images and dictionary paper
masking tape with lyric stamped onto it
doodling
self-portrait photo

Come on over and play along with us! Make anything you want - just let the song inspire you! Click here to go to the challenge!

There's also a new challenge up at the Fave Things blog! This time it's to "scrap your favorite pastime!" Should be fun! Click here to go to the Fave Things challenge!

Last but not least, I finished another page for the "30 Days of Lists" challenge...

That's all for today. Thanks for visiting and I will see you again soon!

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are GORGEOUS Michelle! I really loveeeeeeeeee that photo of you.. very emotional.... love it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Marit said...

I'm in oooh and aaah over your art journal page Michelle. It really touches me!

McMGrad89 said...

Well, your pages are always so wonderful.

I saw your title and laughed because my brother has a blog (somewhat inactive at the moment) with the same name. He laughed when he named it, worried that it would be misconstrued as a coming out blog. It was started to showcase his photography and his journey from his life as a journalist that was soon coming to a close due to cutbacks in the newspaper industry. I wish he would post more there.

Maybe someday.

EverydayMe said...

so totally wonderful!!! {{hugs}} Michelle

Glenda T. said...

Love your pages Michelle, your use of color never fails to make me soooo happy!!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Awesome journal page!!!!!!