Friday, April 29, 2016

Stampendous Blog Hop




Hi friends! Today I'm joining in the fun of blog-hopping with the rest of Nat's Creative Squad, and Stampendous, which is the company that produces Nat's Stamp and Stencil line.

There were no rules about what to create - only that we needed to use something from the new line of stamps.

I've been thinking alot about Prince, ever since I heard the news that he died.  It was such a shock. I am a fan, and also a Minneapolis girl, so the news hit close to home.  It's been wonderful seeing all the tributes showing up for him.  I wonder if he had any idea of the impact he made on people all over the world. It would be great if he could somehow look down and see it.  Anyways, I wanted to make a tribute page in my art journal, and Nat's bird stamp was just the thing. Here's what I made...


"When Doves Cry..." 
Page 7/100 (for the 100 Day Project)
The sky is done with white crayon and spray inks.  The ground is bits of text paper, painted and stained in various shades of purple.

I stamped Nat's bird stamp in light purple acrylic paint, and then colored over his beak, head and wings in three different colors of tombow marker.  I carefully cut a slit in his beak in order to fit the photo in. I also outlined everything in a superfine tip Faber Castell Pitt Pen, and added a shadow all around him with a dark purple tombow marker.  Here's a closeup...
I drew a purple tear on a separate piece of paper and glued it on. 

Here are links to all of the designers creating for today's blog hop.  Leave a comment here and/or at any of the participating blogs and you will be entered into the drawing to win all three of Nat's new stamp sets!



 Thanks so much for visiting, and have a happy Friday!

33 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS and ABSOLUTELY perfect for Prince! I loveeeeee the purple tear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

What a wonderful tribute to Prince- I love the page and how you added his photo carried by the bird!

BecM said...

Wow! I love it! A gorgeous tribute to an amazing artist!

Becca Yahrling said...

This is a beautiful tribute to Prince; love it! I'd like to think that he can look down & see the impact he truly made.

barbara macaskill said...

Such a wonderful tribute to Prince! I love how you gave the bird a tear! I know Prince is looking down on this and smiling!! TFS!

Unknown said...

I love your process! What a touching tribute to Prince.Would love to see more of this type of posts.

Dee said...

A striking tribute to Prince- the dove is fabulous!

Salnclts said...

What a great tribute to Prince! I love all the purple!

P Beatty said...

Terrific journal page honoring Prince!

Karen Petitt said...

That is brilliant, a wonderful, touching and truly heartfelt tribute to Prince. I am sure he would have loved it. Your dove and the background you created are perfection. Thank you for the blog hop, for sharing your art and for all the fabulous inspirations this week I really appreciate it. I hope you have a fab weekend Karen

Unknown said...

What a great tribute.

Laura Weed said...

This is just fabulous!! I totally love all the thought and time you put into this. He would love it. And your crayon clouds are a genius move that I always forget about doing. Thanks for the reminder of this great technique.

Mary Holshouser said...

Love how you run the bird over both pages.
Sorry to see he has to have a tear in his eye - I'd
rather Prince was still here.
The colors are bright and vibrant.
thanks for sharing an amazing piece.

Jean said...

This is just perfect! I love it!

ansharas_atticbymaryann said...

Touched my heart! Love the colors

cghundley said...

Very nice tribute
and I love Purple
so enjoyed it.
Carla from Utah

Jill McDowell said...

Beautiful tribute. Thanks for sharing

Dee Spillane said...

Beautiful tribute. Love Prince, amazing man! Nat's stampsare wonderful.

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful page! I love the fuchsias and purples, so much movement to it!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such a nice job, the purple shade is perfect for the prince!
(Las Vegas)

NicoleN said...

Such a nice tribute.
Sent from CT

Kate B said...

What a great piece of art to honor Prince!

cal8007 said...

Awesome way to memorialize Prince. Doves cry stamp and stencil rocks!

Carmen L

Late Blooming said...

Good layout.

Vee said...

Great Prince tribute!!! I live in the USA ;)

Rita said...

great layout! I was crowned homecoming queen in 1985 to Prince's Purple Rain :-)

Anonymous said...

Great idea. Thank you for sharing.

Hetty said...

Awesome tribute to a great singer!
Love your creation.

Sande said...

Wonderful tribute to Prince! The dove is fantastic and you've done an amazing capturing the essence of this amazing man.

Unknown said...

I love your Purple Rain card. I especially like the colorful hills.

TracyM #6773 said...

GORGEOUS pages and tribute Michelle!!!
I LOVE EVERYTHING about it, from your dove with the purple tear & perfect title, to the torn layers and vibrant sky, a truly DELIGHTFUL design!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing :)
Tracy from Australia

Agata said...

Very beautiful and a great tribute!

Moth said...

Fabulous tribute page Michelle! Keitha