Thursday, April 21, 2016

When Life Happens...

DAY THREE OF THE 100 DAY PROJECT

I had plans for another big journal page for day three,  but then this happened...


Our poor sweet little Johnny ended up in the emergency room with a nasty abscess on his cheek/neck.  We couldn't see it because of his long fur, and then it broke open and - well - let's just say it was alarming and not pretty.  We didn't know what was going on, so off to the emergency vet we went.  We were there from midnight til about 2 am, while they cleaned it and looked for the root of the problem.  Turns out he has a sore spot in his mouth that he was scratching at. We made a followup visit to his regular vet in the morning.  There will be more followup needed, but I won't get into that here. We are exhausted, but Johnny is doing well with his cute little conehead self. 

I'm grateful that before it happened, I had finished a little tip-in postcard for my journal, documenting an earlier day that I had missed.  So here it is, my submission for Day 3/100...
It's a 4x6" page for the documented life portion of my journal, done on the back of a beautiful art postcard from my friend Marit!  

I did it as a tip-in to finish off my week in my journal.  Here you can see Marit's beautiful artwork on the front of the card, and how it looks closed, against the journal page...

and here it is flipped open...

Thanks so much for visiting today!  I will be back tomorrow with the next installment of the 100 Day Project!

4 comments:

Emie58 said...

So sorry to hear about Johnny... I'm sure he'll heal quickly! That's one thing about pets, they bounce back fast. Love your page... and thanks for sharing it with us.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry to hear about Johnny!! I hope he gets better soon!! LOVING your pages!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phinner said...

Poor kitteh! I sure hope he can get rid of abscess and cone asap!!! Emergency vet, yikes!!! I hope you're ok too!!!

Monica said...

Oh poor puusy cat, that is such a frightening thing to hap[en. Do hope he gets better. Fortunate you are a night owl.