Friday, May 6, 2011

Inspired by Tracie...

Hi everyone! Happy Friday! Do you ever get SO inspired by something you see, that you have to set aside whatever you are doing and try it yourself??? That happened to me this past week! I was deep into the 21 Secrets Workshops, when I saw this journal (click here and scroll to the April 30, 2011 post) in the gallery. I just LOVED it!!! Tracie was happy to share with me that she made it by doodling on a big piece of kraft paper and then cut it up. I can't seem to link directly to specific posts at her blog, but If you go to her January 26, 2011 post, she shares a bit of the process. Wish I could have taken that class - looks like fun!!! With her permission, I got busy and tried it myself, and it was SO MUCH FUN!!! Here are a few pics of the process...
I got out some of my fave paint colors and randomly doodled some stuff.


Then I outlined with black and put in a few white accents...


Here's how the big doodle looks all finished...

Then I cut it into 9 x 12" pieces, and added a Hambly clear overlay for a cover. (The word "journal" is pasted on top of the overlay)...

Here are a few of the inside pages...



In between the kraft doodle pages, I am adding some stitched "Remains of the Day" style pages...


My plan is to start this journal in June, for my daily writing. I may collage in it too - who knows? I love that I can add pages as I go, and re-arrange if the mood suits me. Thank you SO MUCH to Tracie Hanson for the inspiration! Be sure to go and visit Tracie's blog and see all of her wonderful projects!!!

Tomorrow is National Scrapbook Day and I'm getting super excited for the BPS Crop! I haven't felt much like scrapping at all this year and I'm hoping to get some mojo back for it. Maybe I will see you there?

Take care and thanks so much for visiting!

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh wow wow wow!! Michelle! This is AMAZING!! And you know I have always been a HUGE fan of your doodles!! *love* :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

anne g-i said...

looks like so much fun!!!! thanks for passing along this idea!

Tracie said...

What a sweetheart you are!! Love that you are having so much fun! Very cute journal.... Thank you so much for sharing!!