Monday, September 24, 2012

Chemistry Assignment...

I'm still working on assignments for Noel Mignon's Back to School crop, and this one is for Chemistry class.  The assignment was to make your own patterned paper background using mists and chipboard or diecut pieces.  I didn't have chipboard so I used some paper doilies.

Here's what I came up with...
I ended up doing the misting in layers with different shades of blues, greens and purples.  In other words, I first laid down three doilies randomly on the page, and misted over them with one color.  Then I picked them up, and laid down three more in different spots and misted with a different color.  I kept repeating that until I had the whole page covered.  I had no idea at the time what the topic of my page was going to be, I was just playing.

After I was done, it reminded me of a peaceful night sky; which led me to the photo of my sweet snuggle bears sleeping.

I stamped my hand-carved cloud stamps on white cardstock and cut them out; adhering them at different depths around the photo - some pop-dotted, some not. The title was hand-drawn and cut from the same white cardstock.

Noel's crops always get me thinking outside the box, and I end up with layouts I may have never done on my own.  I just love that!  I finished one more assignment for the crop, which I will share with you tomorrow. 

Now it's time for me to focus on Project Life!  I am three weeks behind, and it's catch-up time!

Thanks for visiting and I will see you again tomorrow!






5 comments:

June said...

I love this! I love everything about it. The colours - especially the blues and purples (my two favourite colours and two highest chakras, as well), the composition (your adorable darlings in dreamland in the photo) and arrangement of everything, and the stamps - I love your handmade hand-carved cloud stamps.

Wonderful and inspiring. Thanks for sharing this. It made my first blog read of the day an even happier Monday.

dawn said...

WOW Michelle!! This is so cute and creative. I love the photo and it looks like a polariod. ALWAYS ALWAYS LOVE YOUR CLOUDS, they look so cool like this. Don't even get me started on your title, they amaze me everytime!! Great idea for the background and the colors.

I give you a A++ on this homework, keep it up!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

I absolutely LOVE this page! The photo of your fur babies is so awesome! I love the clouds and stars and just everything!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I am IN LOVE with this page Michelle!!! I love love love that photo, the background and loveeeeeeeeeeeeee all the clouds!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Your whimsical style is so lovely, Michelle! I love your cloud stamp clusters, but also the way you "hung" the photo from the brad at the top, like your babies are suspended from a star and resting on the clouds. Brilliant!