Thursday, December 27, 2012

Day Three of the Top 2000 - "Some Nights..."

As we count down from 2000, my pick for today's song is a really new one, released in 2012 - "Some Nights," by Fun.  It comes in at #1448.  When I first heard this song, I was struck by how different it is.  I love the bold harmonies and again, being a lyrics lover, it really intrigues me.

Here's how my page turned out...
The background is done with layers of tissue paper (the kind that bleeds), glued down with matte gel medium, and interrupted by strips of dictionary paper for some contrast.  The title is stamped with acrylic paint, and written with a glaze gel pen.

Here's the video for "Some Nights..."


To see artwork for some other songs on the list, check out Marit's blog here!

Thank you so much for visiting!  Tomorrow we continue the countdown with day 4 of the Top 2000!

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I absolutely loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that song Michelle!! One of my faves!! The beat is just AWESOME!!! I loveeeeeeeeee your page!! LOVING that tissue background!!

phinner said...

Hey Michelle - I've been scrambling to do pieces, haven't had time to go check out other participants works!!! And of course, right now I should be doing dishes, so I'm online, heh!

I always love your colors! What a great song, that chorus has been my anthem for a while now...

I love that tissue paper technique. I think I gotta go try that in my art journal.

Off to look at your other pieces for the Top2000!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Love the song and your pages!!!!!