An Art Journaling Workshop with Marit Barentsen and Michelle Rydell
February 4 - March 14, 2013
You will create a minimum of 10 art journal pages together with a matching folder to store your work.
Teachers: Marit Barentsen & Michelle LaPoint Rydell
Art journaling focuses on putting your personal thoughts and emotions on paper and you don’t always have to use words to do that! Even if you're not a writer you can create meaningful art journal pages because an emotion can be expressed through a photograph, a color, a material or a particular technique. In this workshop we will explore one specific emotion each lesson, and take that emotion as the basis to create a personal art journal page. What does each specific emotion mean to you? You are encouraged to explore your inner world and your perception of your emotions and turn them into art journal pages. Each lesson also explains a different technique, step-by-step, through photos or an instructional video. (The techniques are consistent with the emotion).
“Mixed Emotions” includes:
- 12 lessons with assignments in pdf format. Each lesson will focus on a specific emotion and an art technique that goes with it. Techniques will be clearly shown through photos or demonstrated on video. Both beginners and advanced art journalers will find pleasure in working with the lessons.
- Access to inspirational videos to inspire you and help your creative juices flow.
- Extra printable collage sheets with photos, illustrations and quotes to use in your work.
- Access to a private group discussion forum where you may share, ask questions and interact with the teachers and other class participants.(Access will be activated a few days before the workshop starts or within 24 hours of payment.)
- Access to group albums for posting your completed assignments and seeing what others have done. (Access will be activated a few days before the workshop starts or within 24 hours of payment.)
We are going to have FUN FUN FUN!!!