Saturday, May 31, 2014

New Journal Pages...

Hey there, hi there, ho there friends!  Happy Saturday!  I'm ecstatic today because my computer is back to it's old speedy self FINALLY!  I have been having such problems with slooooooowness this past week it's been ridiculous.  I felt like I was back in 1994 with my first Mac, when I could click on a website, and go make and eat a sandwich, and hopefully, when I got back the site would be loaded.  Do you remember those days?  ACK.  Anyhoo, my computer wiz of a husband figured out and fixed the problem and now things are humming along wonderfully again.

Anyhoo, I've got a few more pages in my Book of Days to share with you today...

With this one I tried out a new stamp I carved myself.  It's the flower with the striped center...
I also added in a clear pocket with a handmade postcard I did for a swap stashed inside

here's the back of the postcard, where I was working out my current journaling system...


For this one I used a transfer technique from Judy Wise' class to get the girl on the page (I did not draw her freehand)...

She came from this magazine article...


and finally, this week's Book of Days Lesson...
My favorite thing about this page is the way her eyes and lips came out.  I was going to paint them, but I didn't because they looked kinda wild with just the color from the background showing through.  A happy accident!

Before I go, I wanted to share a cool thing that I found out about this week.  It's called Derwent Art Academy.  It's completely free, and they have six lessons that you go through, and when you complete all six, you get a set of Derwent Colored pencils of your choice, plus a certificate of completion.  How fun is that?  Check it out here!

And don't forget, there's still plenty of time to join us over at One Little Word for this month's challenge!  Check it out here!

Thanks so much for visiting today!  I appreciate you so much!  Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

Victoria said...

Love your homemade stamp and would to hear how you did the transfer technique.
Thanks!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous Michelle! LOVING that hair on that 3rd page!!!!!!!!!!

Kelley said...

I really like that image transfer page! I've never tried that technique, but it looks co cool!

Shine on!
Kelley

dawn said...

Hi Michelle!! Your art is making me happy today, gorgeous and bright pages!! I love the transfer, so cool! That last girl is amazing and her eyes/lips do look great!! Cute flower stamp you made! So glad you had fun this week creating!

Have a good week and YAY for the computer working again!

Unknown said...

Love the page. I looked up the Judy wise transfer but couldn't figure out which class the transfer technique was offered.