Monday, December 15, 2014

The Word is... RELEASE...

It's the 15th of the month again, which means it's time for the One Little Word challenge!  This month's word is...

RELEASE

"Release" was the perfect word for me, as I've been dealing with this transition into retirement.  It's so funny, cuz I thought that retirement would feel like one big Saturday; party time all the time, right?  Well, it's weird - it's like I had all these huge expectations for myself, and now I've been dealing with alot of (self-induced) guilt because I'm not "producing" as much as I thought I would be.  LOL.  I talked with a friend of mine who also recently retired, and she has had some of the same feelings; so maybe it's not that uncommon when you retire.  It's like, I've been working for so long that it feels somehow wrong to relax.  Aargh.

Anyhoo, it was therapeutic for me to work on this page...

How about you?  What does the word "Release" mean to you?  Come on over to the One Little Word challenge and  play along!  We'd love to have you!  Click here to go to the challenge!

Thanks so much for visiting today!  I appreciate you so much!


5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous Michelle!! LOVING that rainbow!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I just LOVE your colors and how you related to the word. Making art is my full time job and I NEVER feel like I do enough! I think it's just in my nature to want to be productive every minute! Hopefully, you will able to relax and enjoy. xx

anne g-i said...

What a wonderful page Michelle!

Marjie Kemper said...

Such a fun and vibrant page! Love how you did the word Release.

dawn said...

Hi Michelle! This page is so perfect for you!! LOVE THE COLORS! Great word for you right now too.

I think it does take time to adjust to being at home and a new schedule, give it some time and no pressure. Hope it works out soon for you. I know you've been waiting.

Have a very Merry Christmas and another amazing colorful New Year and new adventures.
HUGS!!!