Sunday, June 19, 2016

Badass Women Challenge...

Hi friends! and thank you Emie, for letting me know you miss my posts!  I appreciate that, and it was just the nudge I needed to get back to my blog again!

Today I want to share info about a cool challenge I discovered on Instagram this month.  It's called the Badass Women challenge!  It's hosted by Sarah Pearson, aka @theinkyhand (on instagram).  Here's how it goes...

At the beginning of the month, Sarah publishes a list of the badass women for the month.  One to focus on for each day.  Then, you are invited to publish a photo on instagram with the hashtag #badasswomenchallenge, that somehow honors the woman of the day.  You can do all the days, or whatever days you choose.  How cool is that, right?

I haven't been doing every day, but I've been trying to work the challenge into my art as often as I can.  Here's what I've done so far...


Malala Yousafzai 
Pakistani Activist for female education, and the youngest-ever Novel Prize Laureate



Ruth Bader Ginsberg
Assoc. Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States



Joan of Arc
Led the french army to victory in Orleans during the hundred-year war, thereby being dubbed the savior of France.



Aung San Suu Kyi
Burmese Activist and Nobel Peace Prize Winner



Wilma Mankiller
Women's Activist and the first female Chief of the Cherokee Nation in 1985




For more info on the badass women challenge, visit @theinkyhand on instagram.

Thanks so much for visiting today!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What an awesome challenge and love love love love the pages you have made honoring these amazing souls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Super pages, Michelle. Love the sentiments and the honor given to the brave and strong women featured.

Marit said...

What a wonderful challenges and how beautiful are your pages! I love each and every page - fantastic to honor these women this way!

Emie58 said...

Fabulous pages. As a collector of quotes, I totally enjoyed reading some new ones. TFS!!!

Dawn C. said...

I really like these pages and how you have honored these women. I like your use of color and your drawing is beautiful! I also like the quotes!