Sunday, August 31, 2008

Exploring Textures - Project Catwalk Week 7

The challenge this week on Project Catwalk was to explore the use of texture in new and different ways. I had so much fun with this layout. The picture is of my stepdaughter Becca on our family vacation a few weeks ago. I used texture by adding duct tape, gaffer tape, upholstery fabric (behind photo), birch bark (found during the walk), leaves, and twigs for the title. I also used vintage glass glitter around the right edge of the photo, and to dot the i in "Magic." I am still in love with the Happy Camper papers from Cosmo Cricket which I used for the background layering.
These weekly challenges have been so good for stretching my mind creatively. I think this was one of my favorite weeks. I like to put unusual things on my pages anyway, but this really got me thinking about textures in an even broader way. I can't wait to start adding more interesting textures to all my layouts!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that's some great use of texture. Great job!

caro said...

Hey Michelle,

your blog is such fun! I found you via Sharmaine, so now we can be Sisters too?
Your texture LO is lovely, especially like that photo!

all the best
caro