Friday, June 19, 2009

Inspired by Color...

Happy Happy Friday my friends!!!

I finished another circle journal layout! Yeayyy! I am feeling inspired again, which is good since Tracy's CJ theme is "Inspiration." I get alot of inspiration from color, so I decided to do a color mosaic.

I drew out the word Color on a piece of typing paper. Then I scribbled all over it to create the mosaic pattern. Then I traced the individual pieces onto patterned papers, cut them out and reassembled them back into the word color. It was kind of time-consuming, (kinda like putting together a puzzle), but alot of fun to do!

Here's how it turned out...

I can see that there will be more mosaic work in my future. It could be a great way to use up scraps too!

Last night I had a lot of fun working in my art journal too. I started a page, but it's not finished yet. I will post it as soon as I finish it.

There's a cool tutorial on Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's blog for making a unique handmade flower. Click here to check it out. I wanted to try it tonight but I ran out of time.

Alrighty then, that's it for today. I must get some shut-eye. Thanks so much for stopping by and I will see you tomorrow with another update!!!

6 comments:

Marit said...

Inspiring indeed! This is one page I keep looking at... it looks quite simple but it isn't - the longer I look the more I discover! It's genius, Michelle!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

this is beautiful!!!! Love it!

McMGrad89 said...

Oooh! I want to do this with my kiddos at school. What a super idea.

lisa truesdell said...

awesome technique!

Rita said...

Great colors in your mosaic!

mandysea said...

Oh wow - I wish I had just a smidgeon of your creativity!! This is just breath-taking Michelle!!!