Saturday, October 3, 2009

Project 52 for September and The Next Step...

OMG I just realized it's 3:34 am. I've been having so much fun I lost all track of time! I learned a new technique through a link at The Next Step blog. It's called "mist smooshing." I used it to make my September Project 52 ATCs (click on the photo to make it larger)...I followed along with this video. I tried using both glossy white cardstock, and glossy photo paper, and they both worked, but gave a different effect. I liked the look of the glossy photo paper best. It makes the brightest colors, and it stayed wet a little longer so it was easier to work with. After I did the mist smooshing, I hand-doodled the flowers with black and white sharpies. I love this technique! It's so easy and fast and it makes for beautiful backgrounds. I also loved her idea of doing her misting on top of notebook pages. That would be a fun thing to try too.

I watched the new show "Flash Forward" online, while I worked on these ATCs. My sister Renee recommended it, and I'm so glad she did - I love it! It's a very creative premise. Here's the description, copied straight from the website:

What would you do if you were given a glimpse of the future? Would you accept what you saw and live life to its fullest, or would you do everything in your power to change your destiny? When the world's population is given a glimpse of their future, it forces everyone to come to grips with whether their destinies can be fulfilled or avoided.

I don't want to say anything more for fear of ruining it. If you want to check it out, you can see the first two episodes here at hulu.com.

I will be back tomorrow with another update. Thanks for stopping by and have a super duper weekend!

10 comments:

Jamie Dougherty (jaylynn) said...

i watched the video too!! Yours turned out so good!!! Love the flowers!!

Anonymous said...

Wow..love those ATC's...all ready looked at the video but I haven't had the time to try it out yet!
Love your Lo for TATS,have to check that blog out sometime and congrats on winning the TAAFOMFT challenge...so happy to send you my goodies!!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Melinda Spinks said...

These ATCs look so fabulous, you've done a wonderful job! Must take a peak at the video.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Those turned out AWESOME Michelle!!! I will have to check it out! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

chris a said...

Love these - I will be checking out the video

Lauren said...

LOVE the color and the white accent on those cards... really makes em pop!

Vel said...

I saw that video too and went last night to buy some glossy tags! hahaha

Your work turned out wonderful!

Unknown said...

That is awesome!!! I'm so excited that you tried that technique. I watched the video but haven't had a chance to play yet! Love what you did!!!!

Marit said...

LOVE those ATC's and just watched that video... great technique! Hope to try it too soon!

chris a said...

Oh thank you so much for having the link to the video on your blog! I watched the video and this morning I tried the technique - it's incredible!!!!! I tried it on both glossy card stock and on some leftover pieces of photo paper, and they came out gorgeous! And since I did all the spraying on top of a piece of heavy drawing paper, I now also have a fabulous background. Thanks so much! What fun! Hope you are having a great week!