Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hello Hello Hello!

Michael and I just got into town last night and boy did we have FUN!!! I can't wait to share photos and pics of my travel journal which turned out to be TOTALLY the way to go! It was so easy and now all I have to do is add some photos and it will be DONE!!! Im so excited about that!

Before I share about our trip tho, I want to get my photos organized and cropped and such. In the meantime, I just want to say HELLO and share a couple of layouts that went public while I was gone.

This first one is for the challenge that just ended at Scrapping The Music. The featured song for last week was "You Are The Best Thing" by Ray LaMontagne, which was a choice of mine - I am LOVING his music lately! Anyhoo, the title is my favorite lyric from the song and the pic is of Michael and me...It's mostly acrylic paint, which a little black sharpie for outlining. The white border was made by putting down masking tape before painting, and then lifting it up afterwards. It's a trick I learned in my Collage Couture class. The hearts are cut from the gorgeous patterned paper designed by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer. It's the first time I've used it, and I had to force myself because it's too pretty to cut!

The second layout is for the current challenge at the My Fave Things blog; which is to scrap your favorite season! I had sooooo much fun working on this one...

The pic is of me walking on our neighborhood trail last fall, and the materials are all from the Studio Calico "Cotillion" kit. Here's a closeup of the little bird I cut from the Basic Grey June Bug paper that comes in the kit...
Come on over and play along with us! I am offering up an extra prize as the guest designer for October, so I hope you will stop by and say hi!

Now I am off to reorganize my project list, and get started on something!

I hope you had a wonderful week - what did you do??? I'd love to hear!

8 comments:

Vel said...

What fabulous work! I absolutely love the fall lo with all those leaves.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

wooooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooo michelle's back in the house!!! missed u girl!!! loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the lo's...and loving that u are our gdt this month!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

chris a said...

Just love your layouts, so glad you had a great trip, and looking forward to seeing your photos and all of the new layouts and pages you will make with them. Love the layout you did as GD for TAAFOMFT. Have a great week!

McMGrad89 said...

Wow! all those leaves! I love it.

mandysea said...

And am I in love with that colour!!! TOTALLY!! wOW Michelle, just stunning work as always...its always a pleasure to come here and see what you've been up to!. I cant wait to see the honeymoon pics!!

Marit said...

Hellllllooooo... glad you're back and had a wonderful time!!! I saw the layouts... stunning as always...and can't wait to see your "honeymoon journal" and pictures. It's good to have you back on the internet dear!

Anonymous said...

So good to hear you had a fabulous trip Michelle..and I'm soooo glad you received the package and liked it !Enjoy it!
LOve your STM layout..love the colors and the title!And the TAAFOMFT LO is just stunning..loving those gorgeous leaves and that picture is beautiful!

Thinkie said...

great pages, especially the fall-page!