Thursday, October 22, 2009

Travel Journal Part One

So, my travel joural is about half-done and I am so excited! This has been such a successful experiment! In fact, I had so much fun doing it, and it was so easy that I think I am going to start an art journal process like this for my regular life - why not?!!

What made it so easy was:

a. limiting my supplies to the few that I brought in my travel kit, plus memorabilia,

b. not worrying about the design. just slap it down write something, leave room for photos and keep going. super simple. love it.


Here are some excerpts from the first half of the journal...image of the couple was cut from the free magazine you get on the plane...
plenty of time for doodling on the plane...
stuck the menu from our fave restaurant right in there and journaled on it. also pasted a pic of michael at the restaurant on there...
I absolutely loved the little drawing of the pig that was on the takeout menu from Pure Luck, so I made a pocket that it could hang out of...
and put a pic of the restaurant under the menu...
another pic out of the free travel magazine...
the pic of the flower was cut from that thingy you hang on your doorknob telling them what you want for breakfast...



I left lots of room to paste photos when I got home...


Made a pocket to house the Park Guide out of the wrapper from my thickers...

My fave pics got a page all their own (how fabulous are these sweet faces?!!!)

it was fun to crop the photos to fit the odd size pages (like the rhino here)...

So that's about it for the first half of the journal. I am now out of both photo paper and two ink colors. I guess tonight I will be working in my art journal, since that does not require any photos. LOL. Hurry Mr. Fedex man! I need my photo supplies!

I also ordered a bulk supply of wires for my bind-it-all so I can make more of these journals!

And thank you again to my super sweet secret sister Andrea for giving me the journal to write in!!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!

I'm excited about another art journaling class I found. It's called "A Prompt A Day" by Kelly Kilmer. I love her style and can't wait to start!

Thanks for stopping by and for your comments! See you tomorrow for another post!

8 comments:

Andrea Ancich said...

oh my goodness lady...
your travel journal is WONDERFUL!
i'm so glad you like the journal...
they are so much fun to make...
definitely addicting...
but so fun when you find those books (when the little angels have colored in them...) and turn them into fun jourals.

Thanks for the comments on my blog!
hugs to you lady!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhh this is just amazing michelle!!! soooooooooooooooo bright and colorful!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

This is perfect! Im so glad you had fun!

Marit said...

Oh Michelle, this is so beautiful and so YOU!!! LOVE it! And I'm off to check the art journaling workshop you mentioned...

Vel said...

This is truly fabulous!

bethchien said...

THAT JOURNAL IS PURE AWESOMENESS!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! The photos of you with the giraffes are really fantastic. So glad you had fun - it was so good to see you! xoxoxoxo

Thinkie said...

your album looks great!