Thursday, October 29, 2009

Scrap That Poetry...

I discovered a really cool new challenge blog! Thanks to my awesome friend Julie TW, who has a link to it on her blog, I found "Scrap That Poetry!" I love poetry, and I've never seen a challenge blog that uses it before - so cool! Anyhoo, their featured poem this week is "Phenomenal Woman" by Maya Angelou. I've always loved this poem, so I just had to play along! Here's how my layout turned out...The photo is of my niece Liz, sister Renee, me and our Mom - Pat. I am so proud to be part of a family of strong women, who I think are phenomenal!!!

I used the September Studio Calico kit. The title is handpainted and outlined with a sharpie. The alphabet stamps are by Stampin Up.

The Autumn=Love class is still going great! Elsie and Rachel have such cute and fun projects, and my favorite part is that there are so many different types of crafts covered! The latest thing we are learning is making things out of plastic shopping bags! My only problem is that I've fallen way behind, what with our vacation and all; but the good news is that the website is staying up for a whole year, so I will be able to work my way through the projects at my own pace - YEAYYY!!! I will be sure to share with you as I finish them.

I've fallen slightly behind on my Project 365 photos again - AARGH! I seem to be having a harder time remembering to take photos! I am definitely going to catch up again tho - I've made it this far - I won't give up now!

Don't forget - today is the last day to submit your "favorite season" layout at the "My Favorite Things" blog! Tomorrow the new challenge goes live!

Also, you have until the end of the month to play along with the October sketch over at the TATS blog!

That's it for today! I wish you a fantastic Thursday my friends! I will be back tomorrow with another update - thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Marit said...

I've looked at the "poetry challenges" before, but it's harder when you're Dutch... I LOVE poetry (my mum's a poet) but I want to understand the whole poem and that's costing me time in English... a lot of time actually (I'm taking things too seriously LOL!) I love your last layout though... PHENOMENAL!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

this is just amazing michelle....and thanks for the shout out!! i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that photo, the colors....the title work!!! just gorgeous!!! u totally rock! :):):):):):):):):):):) And hehehehehehehehe....fave things blog post is getting written right now for tomorrows live post!!!! lol! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) what till u see what i be writing about u and michael!! *sigh* :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Angela W said...

Awesome! I will have to check that out!

Lauren said...

GORGEOUS layout and a good point. How did you do the butterfly>>?

Tonya said...

What a great poem to use for that LO! Love the handwritten title!

Houston said...

Great layout and fantastic title work! I'll have to check the challenge blog out, thanks for the heads up!

Larajc said...

Great layout, I love the title! So many challenges, so little time...hmm...I need to challenge myself to do more challenges! LOL

Erika said...

LOOOVVEEE the titlework! lovely!!!