Monday, October 26, 2009

15 Years and Counting...

I've been wanting to do this layout for about a month now, and the current challenge at "Scrapping Out Loud" (to scrap about time) was the perfect reminder to do it. The layout is to celebrate Michael getting his 15-year medallion from AA. Before I did the layout I did a little interview with him; because I love his attitude about his AA journey, and I wanted to get the words right. Here's how it came out...


I used my October Studio Calico kit for the first time, which was so much fun! Everything I used is from the kit except the black scrappers floss and the clouds, which I drew onto dictionary paper and cut out.

Speaking of Studio Calico, there are only two more days to wait for the November kit reveal! It looks like it's going to be another fabulous kit! Check out this thread for Picture clues.

I will be back tomorrow with another update! Have a great Monday and thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

The Mom said...

Great layout!!

Larajc said...

you do amazing work! I love that you scrapped about this important milestone and journey!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

woooooooooo hoooooooooooooooo to michael!!!! i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee what he said about serenity....soooooooooooooooooo true!!!!! he has had an amazing journey i'm sure!!!!! i do not blame u a bit for being proud!!!! awesome lo michelle! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Karen said...

great layout! what an accomplishment to celebrate!

Anonymous said...

That is a great accomplishment! Love the interview and the rainbow!

Denise said...

Hi, First I want to thank you for joining us this week, next I want to congratulate your hubby for 15 years of soberity, that's so awesome!!! Last year my dad celebrated 40 years~ we were all so proud of him and knew how proud he was too!!! Your layout is absolutely beautiful!!!!

lisa truesdell said...

beautiful - i love how you used that rainbow!

Jamie Dougherty (jaylynn) said...

Congrats to Michael!!! That is such a feat. I love the Lo you made. Beautiful and meaningful Perfect! Hugs Jamie

Jess said...

super super fabulous layout Michelle and congrats to Michael on his 15 yrs. sober! tfs! and thanks so much for playing along with our challenge!

Traci Keriazakos said...

HI!
LOVE the rainbow on this one! Congrats to him on 15 years! That is truly an accomplishment!

I had no idea you were UU. I'd love to hear about your experience and how you found it. I am new (just over a year) to it so I am talking to as many UUs as possible.

Traci

yyam said...

Oh wow! This is just fabulous! I love how cool it turned out with all the cute details..the clouds, the owl...the awesome journaling! A little whimsical! Definitely a milestone to scrap about!

Kelly said...

Fantastic layout Michelle!!

Kristii said...

Love, love, love your work!!! Congrats to Michael!!! That's an amazing accomplishment!! Absolutely awesome!!

Marit said...

Yes you (and HE!) should be proud! You made a marvelous layout about it - this is one you certainly will cherish!

Anonymous said...

Are you having a busy week? Haven't seen any updates. :(

Anonymous said...

Love this layout! Such a great accomplishment and I love that you interviewed him to get his thoughts on it. So beautiful!