Thursday, June 11, 2009

Studio Calico and a Sneaky Peeky...

My Studio Calico kits arrived!!! YEAYYYY and super YEAYYY! I love the way each kit came packaged individually with cute little labels on each bag...


Johnny had fun with the packaging paper (as always, it's his favorite part of the whole happy mail process)...
Here's the main kit - called "Soda Fountain." I think my favorite parts of this kit are the exclusive alpha patterned paper, the cherry paper, and how all the patterns go together! So fun...

Here's the first add-on. It's called "Shirley Temple." I love the lush pinks and oranges of this kit, plus those yummy numbers stamps...
and here's the second add-on kit I got - it's called "Cherry Pop." I LOVE those alpha stamps, and the little adhesive gems are fantastic in real life!...
and all because I won a $15 gift certificate for Studio Calico from the BASB challenge blog! I love getting introduced to new things, and the Studio Calico site is a cool kit club and a super-nice community too. Check it out here!

Okay - a number of people are really curious about the song that's coming up at Scrapping The Music, since I mentioned it was one of my faves of all time. I have to say I'm not sure how well known this song is, but I hope you will like it! Here's a sneak peek of my layout for the song...

does this give you any ideas??? Only three days to wait...

My plan was to complete two projects a night this week to get caught up with all my deadlines, and so far the only project I managed to complete was the Scrapping The Music one. Aargh! Work has been super busy, and my scraproom has been a mess which always seems to clutter my brain. Now that I've had a little break tho, I'm feeling pumped to do some creating!

I hope this week has you feeling inspired! I will be back tomorrow with an update and hopefully a new project to share!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the kit, and the add ons! Wow! I also love your kitties, I check back frequently to see what they are up too!

diana albright said...

those Studio Calico boxes sure are worth the excitement, aren't they? glad you're there and that you've been hanging around BASB too :-)

Unknown said...

oh those kits look totally scrumptious! I cannot wait to see what awesomeness you make with all your new happy mail! :)

Marit said...

It's something like We all "need???" on the sneak peek, but Michelle.... that's hardly a clou.... I WANT MORE!!!! And your yummie stuff gets watering my mouth! Go, create!

april said...

hey! love seeing posts like this b/c we never know what happens to the boxes once they leave our office. It's nice to see both you and the kitty-cat are enjoying them :)

Missy said...

Don't you just love the SC boxes? My June kit is spread all over my dinning room table. I think I will take a photo of the prettiness.